• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Power Pro

O2Fish

Love this line and now hae a new reel that needs spooled. Ive used the green, yellow, and my favorite...red. I see there is now a white. Should I go with the red again or the white? Which will mask the most under water?

White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, all have there place.

The original color is the most low vis in the widest range of conditions. I like the Red too, like it better as it fades to pink.

I have been using Power Pro for many years now on the ice and on the soft water, from 5# up to 200# test...love it all.

You can dye it any color you wish, it excepts color well.

O2fish: It is going to depend. one of the recent findings scientists have made is that certain species of fish are color blind to certain colors. Walleyes have a real hard time seeing red. Pike cannot see blue for some odd reason.

In dark stained water greenis better. In crystal clear water I suspect white might be a good choice. So it is going to dpend on the type of fish you are after, the type of lake clarity, the time of day and the time of the year. is it a clear summer day or is it a cold wintery wind swept november afternoon? One of the in fisherman magazines did an article on these new colored lines a few months back. You might look around and see if you can find it. It was quite interesting. However the concensus as i recall was that the invisibility the lines produce is helpful but is not the miracle formula some people think it is either. It is just one more piece of the continuing mystery that is fishing! Helpful YES! But not the whole answer!

I fish with all kinds of colors. when in clear water I just die the last five foot or so to match water clarity. white/yellow is nice at night for visibility. you can always tie on some floro if the fish are seeing your line.

Mark Stanley posted this during ice fishing season --- he was fishing for crappies in 30 fow with Fireline Crystal and it was really easy to see the line on the underwater camera, even in 30 fow under the ice. That's just FYI and not saying the line is good or bad --- Mark and I both use it ice fishing in some conditions especially when the fish are biting lite.

It took me a couple of years of fishing PP on and off to be a full convert but I think I am here to stay. I like the moss green. My kid likes the yellow but that is only because it make his fishing rig look cool (Green rod, Burnt orange reel and yellow line)