• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"By the Wooded Pond"

This evening I took a weekend walk into a mature wooded area and came across a small secluded pond with some wildlife....almost has it's own ecosystem! grin....I did see a yellow headed blackbird near this pond but he spotted me first...haven't seen one up in this area for quite some time.... few photos from a few hours ago...

Red Baneberry: area was loaded with these,nice to look at but certainly are poisonous(digiscoped)

Frame_DSCN2738-1copy.jpg

Frame_DSCN2806-3.JPG

white baneberry:(also poisonous):

Frame_P1040189-1copy.jpg

painted turtles enjoying the quite pond this evening:(6 totaled on various logs)

Frame_DSCN2755-1copy.jpg

shorebird of some sort,(Sandpiper I think)

Frame_DSCN2769-3copy.jpg

the raspberries are ripening:

Frame_P1040162-2copy.jpg

Frame_P1040217-2copy.jpg

Nice captures Johnny! My favorite is the white Baneberry. We're usually over run with yellow headed black birds, but not this year? confused I can't say whether it's simply circumstances or there' other reason's unknown to me.