Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
unclesalty

mossberg 935 auto

Doe's any one own or hunt with someone who has a mossberg 935? What do you think of the gun? I am looking at buying one. Pros and cons, Also looking at a used one from gander or some place else. What should I look for? I know that the majority of you like the 3 B's. But I only have about $500. to spend. I hope you will help out! I know that there aren't a lot veiwing this time of year but I think about waterfoul hunting 365.

I would look into a Stoeger M2000. I have shot both the 935 and the M2000 and I like the stoeger alot better. It is modeled after a Benelli M2. I work at Gander and we have the plain black M2000 for 430 bucks. My buddy had a 935 and every 3rd shot or so it would not shoot, just click of the trigger.

I have a 935. Mine has never missed a beat. But I would look hard at the Stoeger. The Moosburg is a tank. I like it, but its heavy. Only complaint.

I'm on my 3rd season with the 935. For me it has been a fine firearm. I have had no issues with 3 or 3 1/2 steel shot loads. However it is a single shot with 2 3/4 loads. The manual states to use 3 or 3 1/2 loads as it was not designed to handle light loads. It was designed for heaver waterfowl and turkey loads not for upland game.

Mal

I would personally use a mossberg for a paddle go with the stoeger atleast. Have you looked at the Franchi I 12 its the next cost bracket but I have heard its worth it. $600.00 and thier is always used guns to look at also.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Wetting a line for the 1st time today. Gonna hit it hard this weekend.
    • It’s amazing to me to look back already and realize 1.5 days around C season time  will be the story of my entire archery season this year.  Just too much other stuff going on AGAIN this spring to make an honest season out of it.   Full on fishing during any spare moments now.   Good luck out there!
    • Here are two more for you leech, but this time the holes were in some red pines up the Echo Trail.
    • No, no it looks like it was carved.  
    • I'm going to give it one last hoorah tomorrow morning. Going to be a quick effort before work but I've got a couple toms patterned pretty well. 
    • Have 2 pair of Costa sunglasses and cases for sale. Very good condition. $80 a pair FIRM!!! Only selling because I bought new prescription Costas. Live near Elk River. 
    • Cool, but that Goldeneye looks a little stuffed stiff. 
    • Here are a couple of pics of ducks nesting in tree cavities. We have a goldeneye and a hooded merganser. 
    • Spring is exploding right into summer across Wisconsin. You would never know that just three weeks ago the Northwoods was covered with ice and snow. Memorial Day weekend kicks of the unofficial start to summer and many of the reservable campsite at state parks and forests are booked. The best remaining camping opportunities can be found in the non-reservable campsites in northern state forests. The lower Wisconsin River continues to run high, but there were signs of sandbars beginning to emerge in some areas as water slowly drops.Universe in the Park astonomy program begins this weekend with program at Blue Mound and Kohler-Andrae state parks.Photo credit: UW-Madison Dept. of AstronomyFields and forests have greened up, and regular rains have kept fire danger low to moderate across most of the state with just a few areas still in high fire danger. Through the spring fire season 639 wildfires burned 1,800 acres; 53 structures were destroyed and another 441 were threatened, but saved.Wisconsin's northern zone musky season opens this Saturday and spring fish assessments are showing they won't be disappointed with what they find, with many fish over 40 inches netted and released. .