• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"BATTERY HIGH" Message On Graph

Roscoe16

Question

I have a Bottom Line Tournament 5100 graph and when I get to about 1/3 throttle on my motor it beeps for 3 seconds and displays the message "Battery High" and shuts off. Anyone know what my problem is?

Thanks, Roscoe

4 answers to this question

What is the make and model number of your outboard motor? Sounds like either the motor does not have voltage regulator or it is not working. The alternator is probably putting out too much voltage. Could be a bad battery or battery connections. Maybe start with making sure you have all battery connections clean and tight. Get battery load tested to verify it is working fine. If not the battery or connections you will have to look into your outboard and see what you can do.

Outboard is a 2000 Honda 50HP 4 stroke. Battery is brand new and connections are new. The graph works fine when the motor is idling or not running. The graph is wired thru the boat's electrical system so that the boat's power button controls power to the graph. I have been told that wiring the graph directly to the battery may solve the problem???

Roscoe

You might want to put a volt meter on your cranking battery and see what kind of voltage you are putting out when running at cruising speed. Voltage should only be around 13.5 volts or so. If you are reading around 16 you may have a regulator problem.