• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

VisualWRAP software

I have not used it, but have heard good reports about it.

I assume you are looking to do some of the more complex decorative butt wraps. There are some pretty good books out there too. Dale Clemens has a few.

This may not be the correct way. I will try to explain how I do it. So if there is some part of this that doesn't make sense let me know.

I measure the diameter at the butt and the diameter at the end of the wrap figure out the circumference of both. I then subtract the tip end from the butt end and divide that by the number of repeats of spacing. Then I add that to each repeat starting with the circumference of the tip end at the butt end so that I wind up with the butt end circumference at the wrap end.

I will say that I have the best results if I don't add the full difference. In other words of the difference is .012 I usually add .010 and it comes out pretty good. If I do the full difference I have the opposite problems closing just not as bad.

Say you start out with the circumference @ the tip end of .900 and the butt wrap of .972 and you will have 6 repeats.

.972 - 900 = 72

72 / 6 = 12

spacing would be starting from the butt end(remember I don't add the whole thing).

You just need more room at the tip end to fit the threads. Not sure how you are making your marks for spacing, but in many cases the marks can be larger than the diameter of your thread. And I don't want to talk down or anything but you really need to be accurate on your measurements when you are working with closed wraps. I use a Machinist Vernier caliper to lay things out.

Hope this helps.

Not sure if you seen this how to I put together on a closed wrap Soaring Eagle How To