• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My new pup

okstate

His name is Gunnar. He is ten weeks old.

Gunnar.jpg

Wife picked him up today. Can't wait to play with him on sunday. They are at the lake while i have to work at the golf course all weekend.

Nice pup...ours is only one week older also a golden- he already uses the dog door to go do his dooties. Our 9 year old choc lab is not to sure of him yet and we just had to put our 8 year old GR to sleep last night(boy that sucks!!-first dog i have ever had to put down). Goldens are great dogs, your family will love em.

My wife and I have had goldens in our families for a long time. We love them. We were part of the golden retiever rescue in Indiana for tenyears. We just moved back to Minnesota Late last year(My wife is from minnesota)

We had three goldens when we moved here and had to put all three to sleep for various reasons. two were a week apart. but all three were put down in a three month time period. So going from three great dogs to none was very stressful for our family.

But the great people at Avalor goldens has been great to us. she let us adopt one of her former show dogs. so we aquired a beautiful 5 year old female. and we recieved this young pup from her also. this pup is actually the granddaughter of the dog that we have now.

The difficult situation is that she thinks he will be a very good show dog, but i want to make him a very good hunting dog. she wants to show him at six months old. and the two styles of training are different. so we cannot teach him to sit until he is done with his showing career. so it will all be a new learning experience for us.