• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trout fishing in the black hills

ac777

Hi, were heading to the black hills for vacation, and was wondering if anyone knew of any good trout fishing/tips for the area. We'll be staying near keystone if that helps at all. Thanks, Austen

my response must've gotten removed.... must've been unauthorized links or something..... but do a google search for trout and black hills and the first couple links that show up are regarding fishing in that area..... in one of 'em there's a fly shop you could talk to in order to get some first-hand info as to what waters to ply.....

supposed to be killer trout fishing around there..... the reservoir (pactola?) has some big fish, as well as a few of the tailwater rivers nearby...... also an abundance of smaller streams..... good luck.....

Thanks for the responses. Wish I would've posted this earlier, we ended up fishing in Sylvan, which is a really cool, scenic lake. I'm not real familiar with brown trout and the others in the BH, but it was fun, had a few bites, some of the other people were catching a few but I wish I would've known a little more about the lake. Fun though.

Glad you liked the information before it was removed. Can't mention published books without getting in trouble I guess. In general, contact a fly fishing shop local to your destination, they will share information with you unlike some web sites that will remain nameless.

Man i wish I would have looked here a week ago I grew up in the Black Hills and could have sent you in some nice lakes. If you go again remember these lakes Lakota, Deerfield (specifically dutchmans gulch) and Robiax. And if you are into fly fishing find a little creek then follow by foot till you find a beaver dam chances are you will be the first person to cast a fly into the water in years and about the only way to catch "wild fish" in the hills