• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Squeaking at 25

I have a 98 Silverado and when I am going through a town at 25 mph I hear a high pitched, repetitive squeak kind of like a chipmonk. I assume it needs lube somewhere. I have a service manual to guide me through things but I am not sure what to look up. Any help would be appreciated!

Possible Ujoint, brake squeak, is it squeaking faster then the tires going around? If so, ujoint, if not, check brakes, jack the truck up spin the wheel see if you can hear it.

I would say it is about as fast as the tire is spinning, slower and faster speeds you don't hear it. I am pretty sure it is not the breaks, it never squeaks much when braking. I will try your suggestion, thanks.

I'd be willing to bet it's the front brake pad wear indicator. Usually they don't make noise when you apply the brake but they rub lightly on the disc when you are driving.