• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

only one lake

Doop

I guess it depends on where you live, what fish you are targeting and how far you are willing to drive. I personally focus on panfish and live only a few miles from Rush Lake so I spend most of my time there.

I'm actually still looking for my go to lake. Only been ice fishing for a couple of years and only serious last year. I so far I would say going up north. Either Mille Lacs or Red. Wanna make it to LOW this year.

Maybe you hadnt noticed, but a few folks already found West Okoboji. If the people from WI could fish a lick, there wouldnt be anything left in that lake. Luckily they cant so the fishing is still awesome. Its my lake too I guess.

Mille Lacs, Winni, or Red. Depends on the year and how things have been going before they freeze up. Usually good for multiple species.

Also, Lake X has been good to me every time I've fished it in the winter.

Oneida Lake in NY (1/2 mile from home) and I can catch just about any fresh water fish in it. It's a great walleye, bass and perch lake but the panfish (crappies & gills) is a good kept secret. Only the old timers know from years past (catch and sell) about the panfishing and everyone else mostley targets the walleye and perch in the winter.