Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Doop

only one lake

27 posts in this topic

To pass the time until the water cools a little....if you could only ice fish one lake this winter which one would you choose and why?

Lake Of The Woods for Walleye. Simply because it’s a great fishery. I like to make it up there a couple times each winter.

I guess it depends on where you live, what fish you are targeting and how far you are willing to drive. I personally focus on panfish and live only a few miles from Rush Lake so I spend most of my time there.

I'm actually still looking for my go to lake. Only been ice fishing for a couple of years and only serious last year. I so far I would say going up north. Either Mille Lacs or Red. Wanna make it to LOW this year.

West Lake Okaboji multi species, large lake, short drive so I could fish more often. For long drive, most certainly LOTW.

muc if your gonna take my lake you could at least spell it right(Okoboji)and what good is the lake without your guide?

I figured if I spelled it wrong, no one would be able to find it.... way to ruin that plan!

Maybe you hadnt noticed, but a few folks already found West Okoboji. If the people from WI could fish a lick, there wouldnt be anything left in that lake. Luckily they cant so the fishing is still awesome. Its my lake too I guess.

Devils Lake, N.D., hands down. She had me kicking the vex more than once last year. What a fishery.

Mille Lacs, Winni, or Red. Depends on the year and how things have been going before they freeze up. Usually good for multiple species.

Also, Lake X has been good to me every time I've fished it in the winter.

I havent been on a lake since mid june but just like everyone else lake x is always a good spot to go. the big pond is usually next in line when on a trip.

I am with "TO" on this one for choosing Lake Gogebic for perch, a close 2nd is Little Bay De Noc for MONSTER EYES.

Clearwater Lake in Wright county.

1/2 Mile from the house

2 to 3 Walleyes a night

Large gills and crappies

"Your bobbers down!"

Oneida Lake in NY (1/2 mile from home) and I can catch just about any fresh water fish in it. It's a great walleye, bass and perch lake but the panfish (crappies & gills) is a good kept secret. Only the old timers know from years past (catch and sell) about the panfishing and everyone else mostley targets the walleye and perch in the winter.