• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vex or aqua view

walleyematt

I'd look at upgrading to a better flasher, camera's are more of a toy than a tool, they have there purpose, but can be more of a hassle and lead to catching less fish than if you weren't using one at all.

As far as upgrading, look to that other company that makes flashers that are LX's instead of FL's....

As always, it looks like the Marcum Vexilar debate is starting. Any of the flashers you will be happy with. Find one you like and can afford and press forward. I use the marcum, but if i would have bought the vex first i might think that one is the best. Hummingbird has a new one coming out this year also. Lowrance has a flasher graph combo that many think is the best one. Last winter i did an unofficial study on this sight and found that most switch from Vex to Marcum after a few years of use. I like the color definition in the Marcum better (my personal choice). Good luck on finding one you like. I think, as stated earlier, the camera is more of a toy and the flasher is a necessity.

I have an FL18 and the aqua view. Cameras are a nice and helpful tool, if water clarity is good. I have a buddy that has the marcum and it works great, but when we fish out of the same house there is a ton of interference. On the other hand when I fish with another vex, there is still some interference, but with the IR it's usually very minimal.