• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where ya finden' em?

joeyquicksand*

I've been out the past two weeks, and seem to have caught most of my bassies trolling 8-14 ft de agua... i picked up a couple on the edges of lillypads, in about 6ft, but man-o-man I'd love to hear where you hombres and chica's are picken' em up.

Went out Wednesday night....from 7-10 the bite was ON! 3-6 f.o.w. The big guys were located where pads and the slop come together.....had a 20" and a 21.5" on consecutive casts, directly by the boat. Both hit hard as nails. Fun time out there.

Went out last night to do some dropshot practice and we caught them in the deeper weedline in 8-12 fow. We accidently got close to a dock where I skipped a senko underneath and ended up catching a nice 19incher. My partner and I were mainly practicing dropshotting, but the rest of the night I was just imagining some of the fish we could be missing as we passed dock after dock. Oh well, we needed the practice...

Carl

Trolling for basss@!!!@#!@$! wha the?

naw dude, try it sometime, get a 3-6ft(normal) or a shallower running rap or something in the likes of that, and troll it slow. Troll in about 14 and less feet of water along the shoreline, I've been getting decent 16-18inch bass, as well as northern, and musky. I still havn't picked up a walleye this summer at all... i do have to admit, when i go with my friend brad, we gotta try for the walleyes, but its a decent break from casting, and I never mind eatin' a walleye... but i havn't caught one yet... not since this winter.

Trolling for bass is really quite effective.. its illegal in every bass tournament I have ever fished and is illegal in WI for all species. IT however can be very effective!

Last few weeks I have found fish just about everywhere, but bigger fish have been deeper. Past the weed edge.

i deep trolled raps, jigged, top watered in 6ft, topwater in 9ft,wormed, senko'd, shallow trolled raps, drifted walley rigs, and didn't get a darn thing till about 830 tonight when a northern finally hit my silver rap, and then i switched to a top water buzzbait and got two bass in 2 feet of water..... w.t.heck? Crazy fishing on bald eagle this friday night.

Deitz - One clarification on trolling in WI. There are counties in WI where trolling is perfectly legal. I have a cabin on a lake in Polk County where trolling is allowed. I never understood the reason for making it illegal at all and having it illegal in some counties and legal in others defies logic.