Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
joeyquicksand*

Where ya finden' em?

I've been out the past two weeks, and seem to have caught most of my bassies trolling 8-14 ft de agua... i picked up a couple on the edges of lillypads, in about 6ft, but man-o-man I'd love to hear where you hombres and chica's are picken' em up.

Went out Wednesday night....from 7-10 the bite was ON! 3-6 f.o.w. The big guys were located where pads and the slop come together.....had a 20" and a 21.5" on consecutive casts, directly by the boat. Both hit hard as nails. Fun time out there.

Went out last night to do some dropshot practice and we caught them in the deeper weedline in 8-12 fow. We accidently got close to a dock where I skipped a senko underneath and ended up catching a nice 19incher. My partner and I were mainly practicing dropshotting, but the rest of the night I was just imagining some of the fish we could be missing as we passed dock after dock. Oh well, we needed the practice...

Carl

Trolling for basss@!!!@#!@$! wha the?

naw dude, try it sometime, get a 3-6ft(normal) or a shallower running rap or something in the likes of that, and troll it slow. Troll in about 14 and less feet of water along the shoreline, I've been getting decent 16-18inch bass, as well as northern, and musky. I still havn't picked up a walleye this summer at all... i do have to admit, when i go with my friend brad, we gotta try for the walleyes, but its a decent break from casting, and I never mind eatin' a walleye... but i havn't caught one yet... not since this winter.

Trolling for bass is really quite effective.. its illegal in every bass tournament I have ever fished and is illegal in WI for all species. IT however can be very effective!

Last few weeks I have found fish just about everywhere, but bigger fish have been deeper. Past the weed edge.

i deep trolled raps, jigged, top watered in 6ft, topwater in 9ft,wormed, senko'd, shallow trolled raps, drifted walley rigs, and didn't get a darn thing till about 830 tonight when a northern finally hit my silver rap, and then i switched to a top water buzzbait and got two bass in 2 feet of water..... w.t.heck? Crazy fishing on bald eagle this friday night.

Deitz - One clarification on trolling in WI. There are counties in WI where trolling is perfectly legal. I have a cabin on a lake in Polk County where trolling is allowed. I never understood the reason for making it illegal at all and having it illegal in some counties and legal in others defies logic.