Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joeyquicksand*

Where ya finden' em?

15 posts in this topic

I've been out the past two weeks, and seem to have caught most of my bassies trolling 8-14 ft de agua... i picked up a couple on the edges of lillypads, in about 6ft, but man-o-man I'd love to hear where you hombres and chica's are picken' em up.

Went out Wednesday night....from 7-10 the bite was ON! 3-6 f.o.w. The big guys were located where pads and the slop come together.....had a 20" and a 21.5" on consecutive casts, directly by the boat. Both hit hard as nails. Fun time out there.

Went out last night to do some dropshot practice and we caught them in the deeper weedline in 8-12 fow. We accidently got close to a dock where I skipped a senko underneath and ended up catching a nice 19incher. My partner and I were mainly practicing dropshotting, but the rest of the night I was just imagining some of the fish we could be missing as we passed dock after dock. Oh well, we needed the practice...

Carl

Trolling for basss@!!!@#!@$! wha the?

naw dude, try it sometime, get a 3-6ft(normal) or a shallower running rap or something in the likes of that, and troll it slow. Troll in about 14 and less feet of water along the shoreline, I've been getting decent 16-18inch bass, as well as northern, and musky. I still havn't picked up a walleye this summer at all... i do have to admit, when i go with my friend brad, we gotta try for the walleyes, but its a decent break from casting, and I never mind eatin' a walleye... but i havn't caught one yet... not since this winter.

Trolling for bass is really quite effective.. its illegal in every bass tournament I have ever fished and is illegal in WI for all species. IT however can be very effective!

Last few weeks I have found fish just about everywhere, but bigger fish have been deeper. Past the weed edge.

i deep trolled raps, jigged, top watered in 6ft, topwater in 9ft,wormed, senko'd, shallow trolled raps, drifted walley rigs, and didn't get a darn thing till about 830 tonight when a northern finally hit my silver rap, and then i switched to a top water buzzbait and got two bass in 2 feet of water..... w.t.heck? Crazy fishing on bald eagle this friday night.

Deitz - One clarification on trolling in WI. There are counties in WI where trolling is perfectly legal. I have a cabin on a lake in Polk County where trolling is allowed. I never understood the reason for making it illegal at all and having it illegal in some counties and legal in others defies logic.

so how do walleye fishermen catch fish in wisconsin if they can't troll? Is it illegal to take a drift and use lindy rigs and stuff like that?

You can drift but you cannot "pull" a bait with the aid of a otor, gasoline or electric.

And to think i checked out this post to see if seterguy knew wher to find em.........What was I thinking?????

I'm pretty sure I haven't known where to find the bass all season.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• We live in some sort of Bizarro world now - Sarah Palin calling Trump sinfully stupid.     Here's another one from Ann Coulter, who literally wrote a book "In Trump We Trust"    
    • You do realize that if the taxes were done that way, the cities would get $2.53 billion richer, and rural areas would get $2.53 billion poorer. The 7 county metro pays substantially more taxes (nearly 2/3 of the states total) than the other 80 counties in Minnesota combined, but only receives roughly half of the state expenditures.   Sorry to break it to you, but rural America is not fiscally solvent. Those citiots you speak of are bankrolling the entire country. It's easy to see on this chart: more urban states are to the left (givers) and more rural states are to the right (takers).  
    • I tried to purchase the screws yetti uses from Fastenal who is their vendor for the screws. They are only sold in large reels designed for a self loading screwgun. I finally called Casey at Glacial lake docks where I purchased my yetti and he sent me out the amount I needed. They work great to add additional fir strips. The plastic used to tie them together comes right off as you screw them in. Hope that helps. 
    • Sorry...was wrong on the specs.   Manufacturer is Core Ice.  It was 1450# for a 12' and 1250# for a 8'.  
    • I believe you want to use a zinc coated or galvanized steel according to the charts.  I'm sure someone will come along to correct me
    • In the back room there is a company that is using bonded foam panels (similar to garage door panels, but really clean looking), and had weights of 1250# for a 12' and 1450# for a 16'.  Aluminum trailer frames that could convert to a skid frame.  Can't recall the name.  I'm sure they were spendy, but I can see a concept like that going somewhere for the hardcore fishing crowd.   Yetti, Firebrand, Big Bite, and Glacier all had really nice display models.      Lots of campers (disguised as fish houses) out there at prices that make me want to jump into the business.  I was in two different manufacturers houses with prices well over $30k that had wire nuts for connections.  That is going to be a fun adventure for someone 2-3 years down the road when they find out their manufacturer saved $15 on their wiring.           
    • Thank you for all the help!  Ended up going with the Marcum VS485C.  After some research, there were a few other Marcums that were on the list (825 & 625), the Aqua Vu HD, and the Pan Cam.  The mini cams from all manufactures weren't what I was looking for, but they are cool and do have their place.     After seeing everything in person, I think the Aqua Vu HD had the best camera/screen.  The Marcums were a little bit behind, but the 825, 625, 485, and Pan Cam had similar real life clarity.  The 485 won out because of the $300 price point vs the others at $450-700, and was almost identical for resolution, other than the HD.
      I honestly think these cameras are all about 5+ years behind in technology in comparison to the broader camera/tv screen market.  Running off a 7-9ah battery is probably one of the limiting factors.  Another may be the cold.  The main reason (IMO) is that the manufacturers are hoping they can incrementally rape us by trickling out technology each year, similar to the computer manufacturers of the 90s/early 2000's.  For the price of a middle of the road underwater camera, I can buy a Chinese made 50" TV (these all have Chinese made 5-8" screens) and a GoPro or Sony Action Cam (which is 10x's the picture quality).       
    • Any newcomers in the wheelhouse business at the Ice show in St. Paul?
    • Im sure it's hard to see through your Liberal tears.  
  • Our Sponsors