Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SCHAAKATTACK

Boat Motors

2 posts in this topic

I have a few Q's about Boat Motors--

1.)14' fiberglass boat-what would be a reasonable motor for it. I know that 40HP is the max for this boat. Would a 25HP be reasonable for most small-to medium lakes?Strictly for fishing and putzing around.

2.) how do I know if I need a long or short shaft motor? Measurement??

3.) I would be ok w/ a tiller style but can they be converted to console rigging(not sure if terminology is correct)

4.) What boat manufacturer is "SHOR" --how it is listed on watercraft license. I do know it is from 1963

I may have more Q's later!! Thanks!!!

1. The closer to the max, the better. Just make sure the transom is sturdy and not rotten (45 yr old glass boat??). 25 would probably be fine for smaller lakes.

2. Measure from the top of the transom to the bottom of the keel.

15 inches=short shaft. 20 inches=long shaft

3. That depends on the motor, yes it's possible

4. Possibly Shore Boatbuilders?

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Like I said Dave I think you are correct.  But this is a different election.  So your vote might matter.  I also wonder who the Liberal Tribune is actually calling if that is the one you want to hang your hat on.
    • Sorry but if Hillary wins I will not get what I deserve.  Everyone who voted for her or anyone besides Trump gets what they deserve.
    • I could care less if Johnson changes his mind.  I think you're  trolling in the wrong lake if you've ever seen me post about any candidate changing their mind.
    • How  big is the lake and what kind of weeds are most prevalent? 
    • I think we can thank our coach, the D will not lay down to anybody. We have made to MVP quarterbacks look like T-Jack lol. What a fun team to watch, is it sustainable? Only time will tell but I tell you what, nobody wants to play our D in the post season. That's what I'm excited about.  If Trent Dilfer can do it, we can do it. 
    • After that performance? Even the extremely biased Brietbart poll shows Trump losing that debate: Who won the debate polls: CNN/ORC - 62/27 = Clinton +35 PPP - 50/41 = Clinton +9 NBC/SM - 52/21 = Clinton +31 Gravis/Brietbart - 48/43 Clinton = +5 Reuters - 56/26 = Clinton +30
    • Nice design, cant wait to see it completed...    
    • So, for Y'all that are blowing RNT and Zink calls, how do you decide what to get? I'm in the mood to pick one really good goose call and one really good mallard call.  I looked at the $100 plus calls in the boxes at the C store but am leary of just pulling something off the hook based on a model name. Any suggestions for someone who mainly hunts in MN only for waterfowl? A good woodie call should be considered too. I'm still using some old Haydell calls, and Canada Hammer, Quack Head, etc..  Thanks
    • How have sturgeon been up there? Haven't been able to fish much (helping sister with hew wedding that was last weekend), but I do have Friday off and I'm thinking of heading up there to give it a go.
    • The final item on my list is to create a fold down bed. I have the aluminum bought and cut and have a friend using the tig to put it together. I plan on using webbing across the top and will buy a 4" mattress from clarkfield outdoors. Here are the designs, I will add pictures when I have it completed and mounted.           
  • Our Sponsors