Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jarrod32

A slightly different survey...

32 posts in this topic

Didn't want to hijack Joeyquicksand's thread, so figured I'd start another one. Similar to his poll of political leanings, but a little more complex. Those who have been around this forum for a long time might remember this from a few years back.

It is called the 'Political Compass', and it divides you into 'quadrants' based on your political leanings. The horizontal axis is economic left/right, and the vertical axis is social libertarian/authoritarian.

http://www.politicalcompass.org/index

Take the test...be careful about reading the questions...and if you want, go ahead and post your results. Or, keep them to yourself, as we libertarian leaning folks respect everyone's privacy...

I am a slightly left of center Libertarian, which is what I've said in this forum many times.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.38

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26

I took that test and found it verry intresting. To be honest I realy dont know exactly, my results, what it realy means.

I almost fell off my chair when my results came back dead spot of Gandhi.

I guese do research into this to learn more of myself. does this make me bad or good

Thankyou Jarrod32

Gahndi. I think that I'm going to do a little civil disobedience tomorrow in Mankato. Maybe sit on 169 and stop traffic.

First time i ever took one of these things. Some of the questions, i'm like "what the...?"

Normally i try to stay away from politics, as I feel it is too much like fantasy sports with no reward at the end and no fun in the middle.

However i decided to give it a try and see what the inner me had to say.

I found out i'm like Pope Benedict XVI in the upper left crazy

HERE

Although I feel there's too many intricacies amongst people to allow placing everyone in that restrictive and confining grid, I thought it was a pretty cool test. I'm also lot closer to Anarchism than I expected. crazygrin

I am pretty much where I figured. Smack dab in the middle.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.00

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

I'm nost sure where it puts me. Looks like my dot is in Right/Libertarian.

Economic Left/Right: 2.50

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82

Your political compass

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.92

This is very interesting to me. Especially when I compare my results to that of the 2008 cannidates.

My left/right is .62

My up/down is .46

pretty much in the middle

Economic Left/Right: -1.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.92

Near the Dalai Lama, and Ralph Nader. winkwhistleconfused

I'm gonna try this again in a ouple of days be intresting to sse if results change depending on outside influences.

Economic Left/Right: -3.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 1.90

I kind of figured people would be a little closer to the middle than they may have thought. I was actually a little further to the right than I thought I would be...

Economic +6.75

Social -3.33

Somewhere in the neighborhood of Milton Friedman, but not quite as far to the right...

I kind of figured people would be a little closer to the middle than they may have thought. I was actually a little further to the right than I thought I would be...

Economic +6.75

Social -3.33

Somewhere in the neighborhood of Milton Friedman, but not quite as far to the right...

Count me among the surprised to see how close to the middle I am. Must be why I have such a distaste for partisan politics.

Economic Left/Right: -0.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.38

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: 2.12

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.13

I might have those numbers backwards but I'm out there and up there somewhere. Not as far right as I think economically and higher up than I thought. I figured that would be about zero or one...

I was a little farther left economically than I thought, and about where I thought socially. Interesting that I've voted for Reps and Independents before, too, as well as Dems. Since there was very little gray area in how I saw the questions, I answered all but three of them with "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree." Wonder if that effected the polarity.

Economic Left/Right: -5.62

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.56

I guess now I know why I always admired the Dalai Lama. He and I are buds! Me and Jackpine Rob or me and lawdog would probably shoot each other on a fishing trip. Oh wait, based on this I'm supposed to be against guns (I love guns). gringringrin

Jarrod, thanks for digging up this test. It's a great lesson in how we can differ so strongly philosophically and politically and still get along. Well, most of the time . . .

Steve,

I think your right on the polarity deal. I probably selected a lot fewer of the Strongly Agree or Strongly Disagree. As I read most of the questions, I'm thinking often of "but what if" and "Unless this is true". Just the nature of the test I guess.

Interesting test. I guess I'm a bit of a left-leaning libertarian, which seems about right.

Economic Left -2.12

Social Libertarian -4.36

According to the chart that makes me lean Communist & Anarchist. Fight the Man! Oh, wait, I am the Man. I'm think I'll go protest myself & set one of my shrubs on fire or something.

I am pretty much where I figured. Smack dab in the middle.

Your political compass

Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.26

Exactly the same as mine. The coincidence of an identical score surprises me given the small sample size reporting their findings. While I avoid posting down here in the basement much anymore due to time constraints, I lurk off and on and have noted we do frequently agree on issues. I suspect though we probably grew up under some different circumstances. However, is there any chance you guys used to have a short, dark haired, slightly balding milkman at one time? wink