• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Freeze or Salt Suckers?

TMF89

I'd bring some crankbaits. Salt the suckers well and invest in a cooler that claims to hold ice for many days. If you freeze them after salting and keep them packed in ice inside a quality cooler until needed you should be gtg. Good luck.

If you salt those suckers, use plenty of salt and let them cure out. shift them around every day for 4 days in the salt. they will keep for more than a week if kept cool.

I've taken salted/frozen fatheads on Canadian trips. I buy them by the gallon and then freeze them in smaller quantities...just enough to last 3-4 hrs fishing walleyes. Every time I leave camp, I throw a bag in a small cooler. That way them bulk of them stay better in the big cooler and last all week. What really sucks is handling salted bait when you've been fishing for 4 days and your hands are nicked up...stings just a bit.