• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling motor died, where to take it in

fellowx

Question

My 2 year old MinnKota 55lb thrust bow mount trolling motor died on me this week. First the foot pedal couldn't control the speed. If you turned it on it would run under just one speed setting and there was nothing you could do to adjust it. Bought a new foot pedal to try it out and still same problem.

I just dealt with it.. until recently it died after 10 minutes on the lake. It clicks when powered on but doesn't turn. Does anyone know where I can take it in to fix or am I better off getting a new one? Not looking forward to it because they aren't cheap. I'm in St. Paul. Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Minnkota headquarters have an excellent facility. They are not located on Madison Ave in Mankato anymore, they moved a little further out in the Johnson Outdoor new building (huge).

Excellent service, timing and prices.