Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fellowx

Trolling motor died, where to take it in

5 posts in this topic

My 2 year old MinnKota 55lb thrust bow mount trolling motor died on me this week. First the foot pedal couldn't control the speed. If you turned it on it would run under just one speed setting and there was nothing you could do to adjust it. Bought a new foot pedal to try it out and still same problem.

I just dealt with it.. until recently it died after 10 minutes on the lake. It clicks when powered on but doesn't turn. Does anyone know where I can take it in to fix or am I better off getting a new one? Not looking forward to it because they aren't cheap. I'm in St. Paul. Thanks!

I would say FISH-LECTRONICS in Columbia Heights is your best best, that Action Fishing Electronics in Anoka.

Good luck!

Minn-kota has a repair facility right in Mankato just west of Hwy 22 on Madison Avenue. Had several repairs done there over the years.

Formula Propeller is also a Minnkota repair shop, located just off Co Rd 81 south of 694 in Columbia Heights.

Minnkota headquarters have an excellent facility. They are not located on Madison Ave in Mankato anymore, they moved a little further out in the Johnson Outdoor new building (huge).

Excellent service, timing and prices.