• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish attracting lights?

I think these are illegal to use in Minnesota, but what would make these illegal if they really are & if they are sold I would think they work. Anyone have any experiences? If so are they for small fish or would they possible attract muskies? And if they would work then why do people night fish without lights on because they think it will spook fish?

i know a fishing guide through my brother in florida that swears by them. and plenty of people use them everywhere in the country except the two states where it's illegal... minnesota and wyoming....they are designed to attract plankton that will then multiply and concentrate in the small glowing area. then baitfish then predators. most emit green or blue light to match the color spectrum that attracts the plankton best. some are white, generally from what i understand, in lakes that have a sechi disk of less than 15 feet are green oriented and over 15 in lakes or saltwater they are blue. white is very, very stained water. they are a proven technique and have been around for decades. was a semi-secret that took off into big business about 10 years or so ago, thanks to the internet.