• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oil Leak

1900_LE

Motor is a 97 Mercury 200HP DFI. There is an oil leak somewhere towards the front of the engine. I don't know what the specific name for the parts on the engine are, so I'll explain it best I can. There is a silver thing on the front of the motor says "Digital" on it. On the backside of this is 3 what appears to be butterfly lookin things. Then there is 3 blocks, and then the engine. Somewhere there is the oil leak. It is not coming from any oil injection lines, I checked all of them. If it is one of the 2 gaskets between what I was talking about above, how hard is it to replace them. In other words, can I do it myself? Or, is there something I'm missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm tired of wiping up oil in the splashwell whenever I tip the engine for transport. This is clean oil.