• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Has anyone looked at the poll

treble

on ESPN.com this morning? The question is would you rather have Brett Favre as your starting QB this season or would you rather have your current #1? Minnesota, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Iowa are all voting in favor of having Favre.

I dont get it. We might not make it to the Super Bowl this year with Tavaris, but why do we think that Brett Favre is our automatic ticket to the show? I just cannot wrap my mind around the concept of Vikings fans wanting Brett Favre on their team and cheering for him.

I know that there is no chance in [PoorWordUsage] that the Vikes will acquire him, but I am not especially proud of my fellow Vikings fans at this point.

I don't like it. If you win the SB with him, then you never hear the end from the cheese heads. He's Decent, but work with T-Jack and get him to be a good QB and if not, then you better look elsewhere after this year.

Thinking about it a little bit, the question is kind of vague. There could be a quite a few Packer fans in Minnesota and the other states as well, but I still think there are a lot of Minnesota fans that want Favre to start for the Vikings and that is what sickens me.

Quote:
PLANS TO RETIRE FAVRE’S JERSEY ON HOLD

Posted by Mike Florio on July 24, 2008, 2:13 p.m.

Packers president Mark Murphy announced moments ago at a press conference held in conjunction with the team’s annual shareholders meeting that plans to retire Brett Favre’s jersey are now on hold.

Earlier this year, the team had announced that Favre’s No. 4 would be retired on the first game of the regular season, on the evening of September 8 against the Vikings.

This development could mean several things. Maybe the Packers now think Favre will be playing for them on September 8. Or maybe he’ll be playing elsewhere, and they now want to wait for him to finish his career. Or maybe he’ll be wearing a white-and-purple jersey during said September 8 game.

Or maybe the Packers are just [PoorWordUsage] off at him for creating such a mess and they’re going to wait a few years before setting aside his number. It’s not like they’re going to issue it to someone else in the interim.

One good thing to come of all this grin , its almost worth loosing a draft pick wink

Thinking about it a little bit, the question is kind of vague. There could be a quite a few Packer fans in Minnesota and the other states as well, but I still think there are a lot of Minnesota fans that want Favre to start for the Vikings and that is what sickens me.
I'm against it! So lets take a pole on who wants Farve.

For those that want Favre T Jack is not that bad give him a chance we got rid of one reciever that couldnt hold the ball. We may have a defense that can back him up.

T-Jack has my vote.

Although I hope he develops (ugh, I'm tired of hearing that word) into a serviceable QB for us, he may not be the answer for this team. If that's the case then we'll move on to someone else.

I do not want all of the HASSLES and DISTRACTIONS that would come along with Favre. I also don't want to have to listen to every announcer oohing and gooing non-stop about Favre while I'm trying to watch my team this year.

Finally, I don't want to feel this knot in the pit of my stomach all year long from watching Favre wear purple. Your second cousin may be smokin hot, but you know darn well that it just ain't right for you to be looking at her that way.

I dont want Farve here in MN.. The way I see it, he is only good for this upcoming season only.. After that, he probably will retire... I dont see Vikings getting a superbowl ring with Farve anyways. Thus, I would rather have Vikigns train a younger qb to be our qb of the future then have Farve.

Heck yes I want Farve for this season he would give us a much better chance to win this season PERIOD END OF DA DISCUSSION!

POLL CLOSED... grin

I have no problem with anyone not wanting Favre I do see your points!

Brent the player would be a good addition for a year or two and then maybe a good backup for another year or so. Brent the sideshow (Madden, ESPN, Packer fans, yada yada) would be a disaster for the Vikes. Unfortunately the sideshow comes with the player - I would pass on Brent Favre