Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Balto

Shore fishing in Ely

3 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone knows any good spots for shore fishing in Ely. I have been going there for several years now so am familiar with the area, but have not had the opportunity to do much shoreline fishing. Shagawa, Farm and White Iron lakes are where I plan to do most of my fishing at. I have heard that the deep pool in front of the Silver Rapids bridge is a great spot to find walleye. I am open to any suggestions and tips!

I have a full tacklebox of various rapalas, spinner baits, soft plastics and jigs, spoons etc. Walleye, smallmouth, and northern pike are my target species.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Balto

Welcome to Fishing Minnesota.

Try posting your question in the BWCA - Duluth - Ely - Range forum, you'll probably get more specific help there.

I'll try there and see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up!

Balto

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• should trigger a check engine light....
    • OK, just from what I am reading and never having been to mechanic school.... Is it possible that when the car comes to a stop that the transmission doesn't, for reasons unknown, downshift to first but stays in a higher gear?  Then when starting out after a few seconds it does downshift to first with a jolt?  Being in too high a gear would account for the slow acceleration and the downshift would be the jolt.  Staying in too high a gear would make a shudder maybe. It did in my old stick shifts .
    • Do you know the name of the guy, CigarGuy?  I'm guessing the answer is "Yes", but I've had a couple of beers.
    • seeing I will not have a bonus tag the does are safe at Ripley but a buck will need to be wall hanger before I shoot 
    • You did not identify the model of your Garmin  sorta important when wiring. If your Garmin is a Striker, than the other two wires brown and blue are not used. Also note the date on the install instructions. The ones dated before March 2016 did not include the wiring information.   This site might have some answer. http://www.gpscity.com/questions?qid=56118
    • I am having a hard time figuring out what the symptom is myself. There is no "shift" from a dead stop. It either goes or it slips and then bangs into gear after 3 seconds.
    • My backordered Garmin just arrived and I have a question that is probably a Kindergarten level electrical question so please forgive my ignorance, as this is the first sonar/GPS combo I have had.  This one is replacing my old, but usually trusty, Eagle 480.  Anyway, the power cable has 4 wires coming out of it, red, black, brown and blue.  I know the red and black are for power connections, but what are the other 2 for?  If I do not have any other device with which to share info, do I just cover the ends with electrical tape and forget about them or do I need to do something else?  Don't want to wreck something before I get to use it.  Also, regarding power supply, do you think it will give good performance if I run it off a freshly charged 12 V 7 or 9ah battery or do I need to hook it up to my boat battery?  Usually, most trips are 6 hrs. or less.  I have a size 31 dual purpose for starting and troll. motor, but will I pick up too much interference for the locator from those 2 items?  As usual, any help, thoughts, etc. will be greatly appreciated.
    • Sorry about the double lines.  I fixed it in the edit and added a picture.  I'm not sure how that happened.  (how that happened...)
    • Check out http://fishingminnesota.com/forums/
    • Thrown into jail or executed. Sorry not everyone follows the drum beat like you do explicitly without question.   Oh, like the same one you've might have had for the last 20 years? Please.  This isn't 1950 patriotism and honor any more. It's an anthem being blasted in a corporate named stadium where the smallest advertisement in the joint is the American flag. Love it or hate it, result or not, he has achieved his objected.
  • Our Sponsors