Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Christopher Quast

Moisture inside of headlights Is there any way to fix this or?

12 posts in this topic

Do I have to replace them completely and if so where is a good place to buy some for a 98 ford contour?

Yes you will need to replace it, it means there is a crack in it somewhere. hsolist is where I would start, I have seen them there for $20 with a new bulb in them.

As a temporary fix, I have had good luck drilling a small hole as a drain at the bottom corner of housing. This seems to help the water drain.

If you want to replace do as 4.W.E. said or try Certifit in North St. Paul. They are very cheap and should have them in stock.

We get most of our mirrors and headlamp assemblies from keystone. To date I have been very happy with the fit and quality of there products.

There used to be places called junk yards where you went and got what you needed. Don't they exist any more? I guess I'm old and spoiled - I live near Hugo.

The problem with junk yards they will charge about 50% of dealer list, which is about $80 each, or you can buy after market for $20-$40 each new!

The question also arises What do you get from a junk yard?

Ya, I got a new heater power mirror a while back from Certifit for about $34.00. Johns wanted $50 for used and wated $70.00 for an after market one, which (I think it was Valv who said it) is the same after mirror from Certifit. Just have to drive another 10 minutes to the east right to Certifit. crazy

I am all for a company making money, but I all that and a bag of chips for me saving money and make just that much more grin

I have never heard of certifit or keystone could you guys give me a little more info please on these two places location, hours, and best way to get there coming from the west. Thanks

Certifit is located in Vadnais Heights, right off of 35E just up from 694. Go to google and type in certifit. It will be the first one on the list. Go to "contact us" at the bottom and then click on the state of MN.

Keystone is in Mpls. Do the same search as above, but use "keystone-auto". They are down off of Marshall I think.

Good luck

Certifit has my business since a long time ago.

New headlights and they also have a bulb already in it.

Some people think it's different stuff then OEM, I can only say I was at a Chevy dealer once and they sold a mirror to a guy in same Certifit has. Dealer price $ 185.00, Certifit $ 35.00 shocked