• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Attention Vikings Fans - Friday!

LMITOUT

I have to agree with you on that one....that was funny.

I guess I am the "proverbial sucker" in this one. I do tend to get a little excited I guess when someone is trash talking my team.

Seriously though Limit, are you going to be down there tomorrow? Maybe I'd buy you a beer if I ran into you.

Yeah i guess if hoping my team wins a superbowl makes me dilusional, im guilty. I guess i didnt know there were that many fans out there that were hoping there team misses the superbowl. And now i find out there these people are the true fans? I'm not going to go on and on. Anyone who checks out message boards from other NFL teams, or anyone who has listened to talk radio outside MN knows that the MN fan base is just like the next. Check out sirius NFL radio, i listen to it everyday, the hype for every team shines through. Anyone who claims anything different must live in a bubble. Every team sells hope. Every team sells hype. Every fan base comes into a new season with hope. Its the same for all 32 franchises. Its really pretty simple.

Well regardless of what happens tonight, I wouldn't put too much weight on the game, if any at all. 1st pre-season game of the year. Doesn't mean much at all. Just a game to shake the cobwebs off and prepare people for the 2nd pre-season game which has more meaning to the rookies and guys battling for a roster spot.

This first pre-season game is by no means a measuring stick for anything IMO.

This first pre-season game is by no means a measuring stick for anything IMO.

Oh, it will be if good things happen. Look for the Super Bowl hype to begin if they do well tonight. Happens every year.........

I have to say I was very impressed with our offense starters. T-Jack looked good. In one quarter he had more yards then in some of his games last year. I was dissapointed from our defense.

As long as Chilly stays away from the play calling and sticks with blowing sunshine, they might make the playoffs. It's rare to see teams with lousy coaches get to the super bowl and I don't see this one being any different.

The Vikes 1st team defense gave up 17 points and an average of 9yds per play....17-7 after the 1st Q with the starters in for both teams.

Tarvaris made some good short throws. Too bad a couple of Vikings got hurt....never want to see that happen (even though I'm not a Vikings fan).

Look for Gus to start some games for the purple this year!

Coaching is no different then any other position! Chillie was a rookie 2 years ago, he needs time to learn as well. Its hard to judge a coach on how well he did with the talent that was left for him! If anything he was to conservitive, but he had to be with what he had to work with. He was brought in to clean up the bad apples and to try to build a team with top notch football players, not always an easy thing to do. I think he has turned this team around, very few headlines this year so far about what his players got in trouble for in the off seasons. He has drafted some really good players. This team has a bright future, it may not be this year, but in the next few I think we just may get to bring home a trophy! Chilly even said he is more confident in his players this year and is going to open the offense up and be more willing to give the green light for the big plays!

I like what chilly has done to the team, and I think if he stays around for a couple more years, we will be champs!

The Vikes 1st team defense gave up 17 points and an average of 9yds per play....17-7 after the 1st Q with the starters in for both teams.

Not all of the starters were in for the Vikes in the 1st qtr. Had they been in the game, I doubt if there would have been that many points scored.

Overall, it's pointless to hold much credence in preseason games.