• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NASCAR Finally Does Something

LMITOUT

NASCAR is finally putting an end to the injustice called Toyota and forcing them to bring the HP levels down, theoretically eliminating their advantage they've had FOR OVER HALF THE SEASON.

Way to step up to plate NASCAR.....you're only 6 months late. smirk

*Nationwide Series only*

NASCAR + Best cheaters win!.This is the only sport where all the big money teams cheat,One minnor change could mean winning or losing, It's GREAT! How many other sports are there when the officials look very closely before, during and after , measure crashed cars and come to the conclusion that everything is with in spec?

This change is for the NATIONWIDE cars.

For some reason, they haven't been taking Cup cars and dyno testing the engines this year like they have in the past... Seems like they maybe like their new 9 figure investor in the sport winning all the time.

Does this mean another title for JJ who I was going to pick anyway?

This engine crackdown was for the Nationwide Series only. I should have posted that in the first post, but since it had previously been discussed here I made the assumption it was known. Sorry.

It's a newer design. Chevy has their new engine built but it needs to be approved by NASCAR first. Conveniently NASCAR has put that approval process on the back-burner while other (new) manufacturer takes advantage of the power difference.

For some reason, they haven't been taking Cup cars and dyno testing the engines this year like they have in the past... Seems like they maybe like their new 9 figure investor in the sport winning all the time.

Not entirely true...they have been dyno testing the Cup cars, but they're not finding the large discrepency in HP numbers in Cup like they did in Nationwide. If it's less than 5 HP, they don't deem that significant.

And,

Toyota's Cup engines have been making (on average) 3 HP more with the regular engines, but they've been down ~4 HP with the restricted engines. The Toyota Nationwide engines were making 15-16 more HP than the rest.

JGR engines are turning more RPM than any of the other Toyota teams, which may very well be the difference. I don't expect JGR to be that much slower at ORP this weekend, unless they sandbag like other teams have done in the past when they sanction a specific manufacturer.

What a crock of you know what... I am about had it with all sports in general. You know for a fact that nascar loves the "9 figure investor" everyone knows that. Almost getting to the point where I dont even like watching races anymore.

Maybe the advantage is the driver.

Quote:
CLERMONT, Ind. -- Kyle Busch led all but three laps Saturday night to win the Kroger 200, his sixth NASCAR Nationwide Series victory of the season.

Busch's win is Toyota's 15th in 22 Nationwide races, but the first event since NASCAR's mandate Wednesday to cut down the horsepower in Series engines knocked 15 horsepower out of Toyota's engines. NASCAR changed the parameters after rival teams complained, even though Toyota was within the rules.