Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishook

Automatic Bilge Pump

9 posts in this topic

My boat has one manual bilge and one auto bilge. Does the master power need to be on in order for the auto bilge to run when needed? Boat will be exposed next week and I want to understand how this works. Thanks.

My auto bilge kicks on with master power off! Mine is an Alumacraft

Alumacraft here too. Thanks for the super fast reply.

auto bilge is hooked up for that reason so when you turn off the main power it will still kick in if needed.

Run a 5gal pail of water into your bilge and see if yours works with the power off. It should, best to be sure though.

mine also runs with the main power switch off, its a skeeter. I think most boats do it this way.

I got get me one of those. is this the pump that is set up that way or is there a sensore and a relay. I've got an older boat and it does not have the auto feature.

I believe there is a float atached to a rod, when the float gets to a certain level, it hits a relay swith and starts the pump.

Thanks I'm going to look into that. Good feature when your docked over night or up at the cabin