• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance software update version 2.3

meathunter

Question

I have a lcx-38c with the old 2.0 version installed and was wondering if anyone has put this 2.3 on and tried it out? After talking with a guy from cabelas he said people were haveing issues with this. My problems are in shallow water and in the weeds and this download was supposed to address the shallow water issue. I dont see any downloads to go back to the 2.0 so i am very hesitant to do this any comments?

6 answers to this question

I've got the LCX-27C and it originally had the 2.1 version when I got it this spring. I also was having problems losing bottom with shallow water and/or thicker weed growth and thought maybe it was the transducer. I had nothing to lose and figured I'd try updating to version 2.3 before replacing the transducer, and now the unit works perfect.

I think it would be interesting to see if anyone else has good/bad experiences with the 2.3 version though.....I'd hate to have you upgrade and then have problems without being able to return it to your previous version.

Have the 27 also and did the upgrade to 2.3 and at first it gave me problems but now it has gotten alot better..still lose bottom at high speeds in deeper water but dont have alot of problems in the shallow water...If you upgrade and it doesnt do what you expect you can always call lowrance and they can email you the downgrade back to the 2.0 all you need is a mmc card to load the 2.0 version onto it and load it back in your unit..I had called and got the version i had on my 27 when i first had loaded the 2.3 because i wasnt happy with it..but it has worked out so i havent loaded the older version back on my unit..

gofishingtom do you think you could send me that 2.0 version if i still have problems after upgradeing to 2.3? Going to the lake today with a new transducer and the upgrade will try the td first but probably will install that upgrade sure would make me feel better knowing i could go back.

meathunter...I don't have the 2.0 version when i wanted to downgrade i needed to downgrade to 1.6 so that's what i have but if you call lowrance they can email you the 2.0 version and then all you have to do is load it on a mmc card..

I did it. I now have a total of 3 transducers i got one for a lcx-17m that i bought last year and one with the lcx-38chd that i bought this year and the new one that i got for half price cause my warranty on the 17 was up. The new transducer i got took care of most of the problems meaning i have two junk ones. I still had problems in under 10fow and in the weeds. I hung it out and loaded the 2.3 version and wow what a difference. The lake i was on bottomed out at 40 fow and this read great up on plane wide open. You could see the thermocline and transitions Guess this is finnaly working the way it should. I did notice i had my sensitivity down around 32 in the shallow weeds though but you could still see fish and the bottom. Now my next project trying to get lowrance to replace one of my transducers at no cost so i can install the 17 on the bow. Do the update you can always go back.