• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Baitcaster Fishing Line Recommenations (not superline)

NCLaker

First year really getting into using baitcasters. I am spooling my baitcasting reels with pflorocarbon/copolymer line. I'll likely use it on one reel primarily for cranks/spinner bait. On another, I will likely use mostly for jigs/texas rig/plastics.

I am looking for one that casts well, durable, low memory, and is not likely to contribute to backlash issues. I just tried some Seaguar InvizX 12# - casts well, but seem to have a lot more BACKLASH issues. Yozuri Hybrid seems to be really popular and am leaning that direction. I've heard that some lines are more prone to backlash than others. What recommendations do you have and why.

Also, I am thinking 12# test for the crank/spinner reel, and 15 or 20# for the other. If you have a different recommendation on the # test please include in your feedback.

Thanks!

Yozuri Hybrid may be a bit stiff for some users but it's break strength is where this line really shines. Stiff is good for slop, but that's personal preference.

I personally use Silverthread - costs less. After 30 mins of line soak, it works even better.

I really like the Suffix Siege. Small diameter, super smooth, and easy to pick out the small backlashes I get.

I use 12 lb. on my crank/spinner reel. Until last week I had 17 lb. on my plastics reel. Then I went with Power Pro on that reel. It is the first braid that hasn't made me crazy.

I think you'll really like the Suffix Siege.

Thanks for all the feedback all. Haven't seen any of the Silver thread around (assume I would be going with the excalibur if I could find it)

hhguide, what p-line do you use on your baitcaster. I have used CXXX and like it, but was thinking in the 12#+ it might be a little too stiff.

Couldn't find any of the Silver Thread around, so I went with the Gamma Copoly 12#. Stuff has been working great. Very easy to cast, and manage on the new Baitcaster (Pflueger Patriarch). Price was very reasonable and there is enough to spool two reels.

Thanks for the recommendations!