Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HugoBox

It's RK's fault

7 posts in this topic

I read the new book, I subscribe to EA and, even my Cobber education couldn't help me yesterday!! cry Its amazing how you can be on a lake you've fished for years and had some success on and still stand there with your... rod in your hand and be utterly clueless, just pounding the heck out of the water. Its not that no fish were caught and there were no follows (I've had plenty of fishless days), but for some reason yesterday was a day that an hour into the trip I already felt like it was a futile effort. If I was a deliquent kid they'd blame the schools or the parents - I'm choosing to blame Rob. laugh You shoulda put maps marked with little lure Icons in the book!!

MmmmWuahahahahaa.....

Panic. Chaos. Disorder. My work here is done.

(Kidding aside - we all have those days. Every lure in the box stinks, there's no fish on this spot, or any other spot... All part of the mental aspect of it. Some days, for whatever reason, the wheels just come off the wagon. I always try to remind myself that I could be stacking hay bales or something instead - that usually cheers me up. The other things I do - seriously - is set the rod down, put the trolling motor on constant, and go up shallow and look for fish - any kind of fish. Always helps me clear my head so I can start over, for some reason.)

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

It's like a starting pitcher in baseball.....some days they just don't have it and get shelled.

Sometimes the day or night before may be a factor too!!! Not speaking from personal experience there at all.......

RK just created a new signature line... "Panic. Chaos. Disorder. My work here is done"

Hugobox... I definitely can relate to you... Last Friday night... Matty and I hit FLake... for over 7 hrs of fishing... we basically threw out DCGs, Pacemakers, LOWriders, Topwalkers, Super Humpers, and the nice brief fight I had came on a modified Shumway Funky Chicken... (modified the blade from a small french to a #10 colorado)... Im not sure what Matty was using when he had that follow... a DCG I think... I mean everything was in prime condition for the bite to be on... but... it was totally OFF... We fished in the spots where I havent fished before too... Its a dice shoot really...

Yesterday was the first day out of three that I have raised a muskie out on Alexander. Fishing all the prime spots at the prime time this past week and weekend and nothing. Don't know what to make of it or how to figure it out. The one fish that I did get up yesterday tried to eat my M&G, but I was too busy screwing around with the graph to notice it trying to eat my lure boatside. I agree with RK, its a mental thing. Had I not been dejected and paying attention, I might have had me an nice fish. Sometimes I think the mental aspect to muskies fishing takes way more than the physical.

I blame it on the wind we had last wknd. Most of the time I had follows or strike was when its south and or west wind.. Don't think iwill ever ever ever fish in northeast- east wind again on flake. Its suck to sit on my tackle box and rubbin my head n wonderin what the heck am I doing.

this post is why i'm glad i'm a dedicated multi-species angler cool . when i feel like that and the muskie don't bite i go for walleye, walleye aint biting i go for muskie, cats, bass whatever. sheephead can be fun if you don't mind the whole no fight, stinky smell for three days, bag over the head thing grin ... i'm with RK on this. take 5 and find something to enjoy. like a sandwich or coffee or put the trolling motor on constant and look for... wait... i think i heard this... oh well... fish, any fish. same words just different goal. smile

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Popular Now

• 1 hour ago, blue_healer_guy said:

leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.

Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness? :eek:  :)

Edited by leech~~
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is.

My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.

• Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani

• Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday
      • FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-

• 12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

He can't be as ignorant and inept as he has come across in TV interviews.  

I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.

12 hours ago, delcecchi said:

That would have been a fine answer.   Unfortunately instead he sat there with his mouth hanging open (figuratively) and looked like a total dolt.   This is the second time he has handled something in an interview poorly.  I guess he feels he needs the exposure but unfortunately he is not especially good at the interview thing.   At the very least he needs to practice deflecting the question.  Perhaps the "nobody especially" but "I prefer to look to American leaders of the past like (Calvin Coolidge, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, William Calhoun, whoever he wants)" 

He can't just sit there and and look stupid, which is what he did.    Maybe some role playing in preparation would have helped.   He can't be as ignorant and inept as he has come across in TV interviews.  

What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?

• Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.   

And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?   

Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?  

You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  

• Man, I can see cream cheese but peanut butter? I may have to give it a go sometime, maybe the bacon will off set the oddness?  
    • Sorry I missed that. The brown and blue wires are the Transmit TX and Receive Rx wires for connection via single cable to NMEA 0183 compatible devices. nmea 0183 is the protocol for compatible devices, computer, plotters, auto piolet, Radar, radio, etc. All of these devices including your GPS can be connected to a single cable. The brown and blue wires allows the sonar to communicate to other devices. Google nmea 0183 compatible devices for a raft of information on what this is. My brother, a charter Capitan out of Cortez FL. uses these devices on his boat for off shore fishing up to 100 miles off shore. Nice to have to talk to other Capitan's ship to shore, radar, GPS and  to get back home without running into sunken islands.  
    • Trump stumped on terrorist quiz as he can't identify the leaders of ISIS and al-Qaeda – but Carly Fiorina shows she knows her Nasrallah from her al-Julani Radio host Hugh Hewitt asked Trump and Fiorina the same questions about terrorist leaders in separate taped interviews on Thursday FIorina answered confidently and Trump seemed flummoxed, confusing 'Quds Forces' with 'Kurds forces'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3222467/Trump-stumped-terrorist-quiz-t-identify-leaders-ISIS-al-Qaeda-Carly-Fiorina-shows-knows-Nasrallah-al-
    • I ask the same thing about the other 2 candidates, especially the one that is your favorite.   What do you care? I thought he was irrelevant anyway?  
    • Oh yeah.  I keep forgetting about all that modern computer stuff in cars.   So the computer would notice the tranny didn't shift all the way down as the car stopped?     There goes that theory.    And why only after a couple hours of driving?   Some sort of overheating of the transmission fluid?  cooler plugged in the flush process?    Here is a question for Carpmaster..... Is it different in the summer vrs winter?   Like you only have to drive 50 miles in summer and 200 in winter?   You guys that actually know can feel free to ignore my suggestions if you don't want to waste time answering.  
    • leech, it does sound like an odd concocktion.  but you gotta try it.  225 for 2 hrs, helps if u use thin bacon.
    • nw wisconee private marsh
    • Sorry, I thought the model was listed on the title of my question.  Anyway, Garmin 53dv EchoMap.  This one has downview, but is chirpless.  Seems like nice unit, tough.  Just wondered about those 2 wires.  Thanks.
    • should trigger a check engine light....
  • Our Sponsors