• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It's RK's fault

HugoBox

I read the new book, I subscribe to EA and, even my Cobber education couldn't help me yesterday!! cry Its amazing how you can be on a lake you've fished for years and had some success on and still stand there with your... rod in your hand and be utterly clueless, just pounding the heck out of the water. Its not that no fish were caught and there were no follows (I've had plenty of fishless days), but for some reason yesterday was a day that an hour into the trip I already felt like it was a futile effort. If I was a deliquent kid they'd blame the schools or the parents - I'm choosing to blame Rob. laugh You shoulda put maps marked with little lure Icons in the book!!

MmmmWuahahahahaa.....

Panic. Chaos. Disorder. My work here is done.

(Kidding aside - we all have those days. Every lure in the box stinks, there's no fish on this spot, or any other spot... All part of the mental aspect of it. Some days, for whatever reason, the wheels just come off the wagon. I always try to remind myself that I could be stacking hay bales or something instead - that usually cheers me up. The other things I do - seriously - is set the rod down, put the trolling motor on constant, and go up shallow and look for fish - any kind of fish. Always helps me clear my head so I can start over, for some reason.)

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

It's like a starting pitcher in baseball.....some days they just don't have it and get shelled.

Sometimes the day or night before may be a factor too!!! Not speaking from personal experience there at all.......

RK just created a new signature line... "Panic. Chaos. Disorder. My work here is done"

Hugobox... I definitely can relate to you... Last Friday night... Matty and I hit FLake... for over 7 hrs of fishing... we basically threw out DCGs, Pacemakers, LOWriders, Topwalkers, Super Humpers, and the nice brief fight I had came on a modified Shumway Funky Chicken... (modified the blade from a small french to a #10 colorado)... Im not sure what Matty was using when he had that follow... a DCG I think... I mean everything was in prime condition for the bite to be on... but... it was totally OFF... We fished in the spots where I havent fished before too... Its a dice shoot really...

Yesterday was the first day out of three that I have raised a muskie out on Alexander. Fishing all the prime spots at the prime time this past week and weekend and nothing. Don't know what to make of it or how to figure it out. The one fish that I did get up yesterday tried to eat my M&G, but I was too busy screwing around with the graph to notice it trying to eat my lure boatside. I agree with RK, its a mental thing. Had I not been dejected and paying attention, I might have had me an nice fish. Sometimes I think the mental aspect to muskies fishing takes way more than the physical.

I blame it on the wind we had last wknd. Most of the time I had follows or strike was when its south and or west wind.. Don't think iwill ever ever ever fish in northeast- east wind again on flake. Its suck to sit on my tackle box and rubbin my head n wonderin what the heck am I doing.

this post is why i'm glad i'm a dedicated multi-species angler cool . when i feel like that and the muskie don't bite i go for walleye, walleye aint biting i go for muskie, cats, bass whatever. sheephead can be fun if you don't mind the whole no fight, stinky smell for three days, bag over the head thing grin ... i'm with RK on this. take 5 and find something to enjoy. like a sandwich or coffee or put the trolling motor on constant and look for... wait... i think i heard this... oh well... fish, any fish. same words just different goal. smile