Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hooked On a Feeling

A List of Obama's Accomplishments

307 posts in this topic

Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most memorable work is a biography of his favorite subject: himself.

It is going to be an interesting 4 years if he becomes the President. It could become Carter-esque.

As much as I dis-like facts getting in the way of some good right-wing talking points, you may want to look things up prior to repeating what Limbaugh or Hanity has told you. Then you would easily find that Obama Sponsored 126 bills and was a co-sponsor on 493 others for a total of 619.

But hey, who's counting. wink

I think its rather strange how some like to bring up the past Thirty years ago. Then they go back and wish for the past again the Reagan erreur. Boy those who look back cant even come up with an original idea. Now I believe in learning from the past. Lets learn from it and move back to the present and figure out what we are gonna do in the present and future. Reciting some thought by a tv commentator gets us nowhere. Notice no bashing of parties.

As much as I dis-like facts getting in the way of some good right-wing talking points, you may want to look things up prior to repeating what Limbaugh or Hanity has told you. Then you would easily find that Obama Sponsored 126 bills and was a co-sponsor on 493 others for a total of 619.

But hey, who's counting. wink

Hey Kidd...Name one thing that Barack Hussein Obama has done to help this country, name a specific bill or accomplishment. And what does Rush or Hannitty have to do with Obama's non-accoplishments?

Hooked

I think its rather strange how some like to bring up the past Thirty years ago. Then they go back and wish for the past again the Reagan erreur. Boy those who look back cant even come up with an original idea. Now I believe in learning from the past. Lets learn from it and move back to the present and figure out what we are gonna do in the present and future. Reciting some thought by a tv commentator gets us nowhere. Notice no bashing of parties.

confused UUMMMM. What?

Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times.

Yep, the reason he votes "present" is because he has no conviction. Whatever the polls say he's right in line with said poll. I guess they call it political expediency.

Hooked

Quote:
A List of Obama's Accomplishments....

*A Whopping 143 days in the Senate

Quote:
Obama is a three-year senator without a single important legislative achievement to his name, a former Illinois state senator who voted "present" nearly 130 times. As president of the Harvard Law Review, as law professor and as legislator, has he ever produced a single notable piece of scholarship? Written a single memorable article? His most memorable work is a biography of his favorite subject: himself.

Okay, so you don't like career politicians and now by virtue of this thread, you don't like non-politicians either. Who or what do you want?

One accomplishment, and this is a big one, is that he won the Democratic party endorsement in 2008.

Bob

Kid, I have looked into this earlier and yes your are right Obama has sponsored or cosponsored many bills. But, Uncle bill has a good point in could any of them really been considered "important" legislation? If I remember correctly they were not very groundbreaking bills. I could be wrong though. Do you have that HSOforum you posted before so I can take a look again?

Originally Posted By: croixflats

confused UUMMMM. What?

Sorry that was not verry clear. Oh I was refering to the statement of comparing Oboma to Carter.

That comparison would not have been used if a comentator never used it. It has been used on that fox channel many times.

Sorry to admitt at glancing at that partison news channel.Its like driving by an accident just cant look away grin

And I guess the rest was jibberish being the party is no longer foccussing on Reagan policy. How come there not using that platform any moore. It think its funny how they talked of Regean durring the debates and how great he is and now The cannidate chosen to represent them goes the opposite direction and supports the Bush policies

Hey Kidd...Name one thing that Barack Hussein Obama has done to help this country, name a specific bill or accomplishment.

Hooked

Again, pretty easy to find this stuff.

Source: barackobama com

As a State senator:

Worked for $13,000 / year helping inner city Chicago poor.

Registered 150,000 people to vote.

Graduated first black president of Harvard Law Review.

While in the State senate he provided health insurance to 20,000 children

Was instrumental in implementing Illinois welfare reform

Increased minimum wage ($5.15 to $6.50).

Drove the death penalty reform making interrogations be video taped, which by the way, passed Senate 58-0.

Sponsored bill probing police profiling.

sponsored 780 bills, 280were signed into law.

While in the Federal senate :

Worked with republican senator Lugar to expand and author program to locate & dismantle stray Russian WMD’s left over from the cold war after the disbanding of the USSR.

Major ethics/lobbying reform bill, w/ Russ Feingold, insisted tougher measures banning lobbyist gifts/ meals/ jets, disclosure of earmark & contribution bundling to candidates or committees; restricts retiring Congress from going into lobbying.

Cosponsored Secure Orderly Immigration Act by John McCain. Passed 62-36. Makes undocumented persons who have been here 5+ years only allowed to stay and apply for citizenship, if pay back taxes, learn English and no criminal record. 2 million undocumented persons who have been in the United States for less than two years would be ordered home.

Called for increased fuel efficiency standards (3% / year)

100% approval rating: League of Conservation Voters, Planned Parenthood. National Education Association gives him an “A” on their most recent scorecard.

Speaker Harry Reid designated Barack Obama as the Senate point man on ethics. Obama is known for his unquestionable ethics and integrity.

Originally Posted By: Hooked On a Feeling
Hey Kidd...Name one thing that Barack Hussein Obama has done to help this country, name a specific bill or accomplishment.

Hooked

Again, pretty easy to find this stuff.

Source: barackobama com

As a State senator:

Worked for $13,000 / year helping inner city Chicago poor.

Registered 150,000 people to vote.

Graduated first black president of Harvard Law Review.

While in the State senate he provided health insurance to 20,000 children

Was instrumental in implementing Illinois welfare reform

Increased minimum wage ($5.15 to $6.50).

Drove the death penalty reform making interrogations be video taped, which by the way, passed Senate 58-0.

Sponsored bill probing police profiling.

sponsored 780 bills, 280were signed into law.

While in the Federal senate :

Worked with republican senator Lugar to expand and author program to locate & dismantle stray Russian WMD’s left over from the cold war after the disbanding of the USSR.

Major ethics/lobbying reform bill, w/ Russ Feingold, insisted tougher measures banning lobbyist gifts/ meals/ jets, disclosure of earmark & contribution bundling to candidates or committees; restricts retiring Congress from going into lobbying.

Cosponsored Secure Orderly Immigration Act by John McCain. Passed 62-36. Makes undocumented persons who have been here 5+ years only allowed to stay and apply for citizenship, if pay back taxes, learn English and no criminal record. 2 million undocumented persons who have been in the United States for less than two years would be ordered home.

Called for increased fuel efficiency standards (3% / year)

100% approval rating: League of Conservation Voters, Planned Parenthood. National Education Association gives him an “A” on their most recent scorecard.

Speaker Harry Reid designated Barack Obama as the Senate point man on ethics. Obama is known for his unquestionable ethics and integrity.

lol, he looked better with these:

Actually Muskyslayer posted this a couple of weeks back and I had saved the information on a word doc. If you search for Muskyslayer you'll find the link.

Sorry, but that's all I got. blush

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year old Texas rancher, whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle'.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a post turtle was.

The old rancher said : When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a post turtle.

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain. "You know he didn't get up there by himself. he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just wonder what kind of a dumb a__ put him up there to begin with."

smile

Where is Hillary cry

Ah, well the Democratic Party knows what is best for their party.

I thought everyone loved Obama this spring over Hillary in this forum grin.

We will see. Short of a “shocker” Obama skeleton, he is most likely going to be our next president. I will not welcome him with major open arms, but it is settling in my mind.

God save the queen grin I heard their are some monster Wells cat fish over seas.

I usually stay out of political conversations, and I am by no means at this time sure of who my vote will go for. All I know is that whoever is elected in November can't possibly do any worse than the guys that have been attempting to run things for the last 8 years.

Kidd - It's pointless. Read about 95% of the political stuff posted on this HSOforum. A lot of folks drank too much of the FOX news kool-aid and are too far gone to be saved.

Ok all you anti's say this 3 times (President Obama).You should get used to it,its comming.

Don't bother trying to save me Johnny as I am doing just fine without your help. smile

Ok all you anti's say this 3 times (President Obama).You should get used to it,its comming.

Along with three times the taxes for the working people,

and three times the handouts for the bums and illegals.

See, this is what I don't get, I post as an Obama accomplishment as:

Quote:

yet we keep posting things like:

and three times the handouts for the bums and illegals.

It makes no sense to me. crazy