• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Food

Lunger

Anybody feed their dog Nutro Natural Choice? If so how does it work out for you? I've been feeding a lower end food and my dogs coats just don't look as shiney as I think they should, I think it's time to start feeding a more premium food.

Thanks

I tried Nutro and NutriSource but far and wide the best food (which I use now) is Candaie (sp). I think it was Labs4me who first tried it on this forum and also was happy with it.

I used Nutro before. It is a good food. I switched both of my dogs to Pro Plan. They do really well on it.

It all depends on the dog and how they digest certain blends. My blacks coat just shines with the Pro Plan Beef and Rice Formula.

Good Luck!

Canidae, I think it was Labs4me....who was happy with it.

Teal (and Labs4me), were you aware of and have you gotten any bags of the new ALS formula? Just curious if it affected your dogs at all. It's probably just hitting stores. Been some reports of loose stools.....but it may all be internet hype. I'm not using this food at the moment because of allergies (tried it last summer)...but just curious. New pup coming soon........

to the original post: As mentioned "It all depends on the dog". Just because someone dog does good on one food does not mean your will. Your best bet is to do some research and choose a quality premium food....and then try it and see how YOUR dog does. Not all foods are created equal. You could also do a search here for food and look at all the past posts. There have been many.

Originally Posted By: tealitup
Canidae, I think it was Labs4me....who was happy with it.

Teal (and Labs4me), were you aware of and have you gotten any bags of the new ALS formula? Just curious if it affected your dogs at all. It's probably just hitting stores. Been some reports of loose stools.....but it may all be internet hype. I'm not using this food at the moment because of allergies (tried it last summer)...but just curious. New pup coming soon........

My Labs are two weeks into the new ALS formula. Their stool was a little loose the first three days. All is back to normal smile.

Dan

I feed the PAWS formula. (puppies - adult - working - senior) Figure that pretty much covers the bases! I've been happy with the food... anybody else notice how dog food is skyrocketing faster than human food? YUK! But it does take your mind off gas prices for a minute... hehehe

Good Luck!

Ken

anybody else notice how dog food is skyrocketing faster than human food? YUK! But it does take your mind off gas prices for a minute... hehehe

Good Luck!

Ken

Ken, that's the one I was referring to that has been reformulated.

I certainly noticed the price now.....and will especially notice it in 1 month when the new pup arrives! shocked

I fed Nutro until they had ingredient supply issues about four months ago. I then switched to Nutri and haven't found a need to switch back. With both companies I fed/feed large breed lamb and rice. Both are good products and I'd reccommend either.

I tried Nutrisource then to Performance edge and have now settled on Chicken Soup for the Large Breed Dog Lovers Soul. I know your thinking, "huh?" THe ingredients in this food are great and my lab now goes twice a day and its solid as a brick. Her coat is excellent and she is full of energy. Its not that easy to find around here so I stock up on it when I can find it.

First few ingredients are chicken, turkey, chicken meal, barley, whole grain rice, oatmeal, ocean fish meal.

Broken record response to food. If you have a Sam's Club membership, invest the $22 into a bag of Exceed and see how pooch fares. Been using it for coming up on 15 years. Probably wouldn't keep up the membership if not for that dog food.