• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mrs Missi

Tyler Holm

I shared the boat with crazyice and another buddy last night on Pool 5. First time I've ever chassed flatties on pool 5. First spot looked great on google earth and in person, but no fish. We didn't have a plan B after a brief discussion and recollecting some past readings/research/tips/etc we landed on spot 26.

5 minutes after casting out at our new spot I got hit by this 26.4lber.

ty_38.5x22_26.4_flathead4.jpg

She wasn't done with the spawn quite yet and made major mess in my recently cleaned boat.

flathead_spawn.jpg

I felt bad for her loosing some spawn in the boat, but once we realized she was leaking we got her back in the water immediately.

Not 2 minutes after getting my line back in the water I got hit on my other rod and lost it half way to the boat.

Ended up with 4 total flatties last night with 3 being dinks. Also got a surprise right before we packed it up.

17" Sauger

ty_sauger.jpg

sauger_mouth1.jpg

Wow, those eggs are huge! ANd I can't believe that sauger ate a bullie that is 30% or more of his weight/length. That's crazy.

Nice job boating a handful and a good sized one! Hardly anyone is getting the 20 pounders or better lately!

I got one last night that as soon as I pulled the hook out, "bam" the release began grin.

It would have been my third flat registerd, but when those eggs are rolling out (minus the mess), I would rather get them back quick and thats what we did. Plus it was no fish that would have got me any wheres on the KOTC.

Great images Tyler. Maybe a good boat cleaning is the trick to pick up the bite in the boat grin It kind of seemed to work for me.

Why does that fish look alot bigger thatn 26lbs?......Very nice fish!

Same reason the sauger looks smaller than 17 inches. It's all in the hold. I've seen some 12 pound cats that look like 30 pounders because of the way they're held.

I still can't believe how much eggs is in that boat! They're huger huge!

Wow, those eggs are huge! ANd I can't believe that sauger ate a bullie that is 30% or more of his weight/length. That's crazy.

Nice job boating a handful and a good sized one! Hardly anyone is getting the 20 pounders or better lately!

*lol* earlier I caught a 13 inch flat on a 7 inch bullie.. he must have been kinda hungry.