• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance 520c issue - "GPS Module Not Responding"

Jaypo

Question

Please help if you have seen or heard of this issue. My GPS unit was installed at dealer and has worked flawlessly until recently. I disconnected the unit from the boat and reconnected a week later. Now it will not pick up GPS and gives me the message "GPS Module Not Responding". I checked all connections, fuses, etc... and everything looks good. I have also read the 250+ page manual twice looking for clues.

Any ideas for problem shooting?

4 answers to this question

That message means one of two things.

Most common is you're not getting power to the head unit on the network connection --- there's TWO connections that need to be powered, the main one for the unit and the other one for the network (ie. gps module). Make sure you're checking fuses, connections, etc. for BOTH power leads.

If the power is good, then it might be a bad gps antenna. Try another unit on it, and/or try your unit with another antenna.

Good luck getting it resolved.

Thanks P..J..!

The unit is getting power, so my thought was a bad GPS puck or a bad connection tree for the GPS connections. I will try to swap out the antenae to see if that is the trick. With this only being 7 months old, Lowrance will also get a call soon.

I noticed on my 525c DF I had the not responding thing too. The connection on the back of the unit the little black one. When you attatch it, screwing it on the twistie thing stops like it is on. I always stopped there. Then I would get the not responding. Recently I was connecting it and when it stopped I pushed on it and it went on about another inch or so. Since I have started doing this I no longer get the not responding thing. Try this..