• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

must keep color(s)

just wondering what color or color combo is everyones have to have on lures. sure everybodys got favorite lures and if you could only have one lure it's it. but what if you were forced to use a random lure... and it was all you had for the rest of your life... what color(s) would it have to be?

mine is absolutely red and white. no pearl/flashy junk.

Mine would be a #7 Perch shadrap. I have caught just about every type of gamefish on these so the confidence of catching something on one of these is a real plus. If you catch enough fish the teeth marks will cause it to become a little bit heaver by absorbing some water and it will act like a husky jerk and become neutrally buoyant and that is when it will out fish any plug out there.

I favor a Perch/Tiger pattern and a blue/silver pattern. Every tackle box ought to have these two patterns. Chartreuse would be my 3rd choice, especially at night or on a cloudy day in stained water. I think the Chartreuse color makes the sillouette of the lure more visible to the fish. I also like the patterns in the 7 inch or larger range for night fishing. I think they can see it better than a smaller lure pattern.

i did identical posts for must keep colors. 11 forums in all from the metro north to LOTW. the winning colors after 24 hours was black and orange. so i figured i'd pull one of my favorite lures from my private stash and share it. i call it ''Star Factory''. first i'll appologize for the amount of pics, it's just got so many angles it took 10 to get most of it. lures like this take an extraordinary long time to complete. i hope you like it. it's not all blk/orng. in fact it's a meld of 11 colors but dominant blk/orng. very nice contrast i think...

DSC00362-1.jpg

DSC00363-1.jpg

DSC00366-1.jpg

DSC00367-1.jpg

DSC00368-1.jpg

DSC00369-1.jpg

DSC00370-1.jpg

DSC00371-1.jpg

DSC00372-1.jpg

DSC00373-1.jpg

[Note from admin: In the future one thread per subject please, thank you]

I'm so SURPRISED to hear you say that paceman!

I like perch, firetiger, & bluegill in shad raps, but I'll try anything. Have had some good luck with the #10 silver xrap of late.