• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance LMS-334 question

bigfishin21

Question

I have a LMS-334C and have been having trouble with the internal GPS system. My questions is that I have bought an external GPS puck, and was wondering if this GPS puck would help pick up my signal and location faster? Also would this external GPS automatical work or do I have to change some settings in the system? Thanks for the input...

3 answers to this question

I don't think you could use 2 gps antennas in one system or on one unit --- each antenna will be giving different info, so the system can use only one of them.

I'm not familiar enough with the 334 to know if you can run an external gps on it. I'd think you'd have to turn off the internal gps and I don't know if you can do that or not???

Good luck getting it figured out.

I have the 334CiGPS as one of the units on my boat.

I had problems with it not finding and locking on sats. Then i downloaded the upgrade patch from lowrance and installed. Then i had to turn WASS off, and then it operated like a charm.

I too was thinking of getting an external antenae for the unit and read a little about it. I believe you have to get the network plug adapter and then simply hook it up to the external antenae. You will have to go make a change or two in the menu settings, but i know it will work.

Try the update and turn off WASS and see if that helps first.