• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Is there a bad day of fishing

I believe I had my first. Got off work at 7AM so happy because I was going fishing. grin As soon as we hit the door my skin started to melt. cool But thats ok cuz I was going fishin!!! Got to Lake Monroe and another guy was stuck on the ramp so we dropped our boat in the parking lot and had to use my truck to pull out his boat and his truck, that was kinds funny. Anyhow we help this guy out and when we were ready to put our boat in the water 3 people pulled in front of us. b^$#@&(s mad So much for good samaritan. Well by the time we got in the water it was so hot and not even the tiniest breeze. frown Well my boys were having a good time not catching anything, I barely got to fish because I had to keep untangling their lines. Any how after we got home checked weather channel on line and the temp today was 91 they say it feels like 99. cry(I think they need to step out side again.) All in all I think i will wait till november when it starts to get down to 70's to go back out. As much as I hate to admit it... last night, my good day at work was better them my bad day fishing. smirk

I forgot to add the humidity is 52%

I spent approx 13 hours on the Minnesota river fishing for catfish with a good friend Saturday. No fish and that was a bummer but, the 13 hours seemed like only 3-4 fishing with Boilerchick, so no, a bad day of fishing is better for me than a day almost anywhere else.

Thanks for the good company Boilerchick and next time it will be better.

Oh man DeeDee!! You guys have some crazy heat down there!! Sure wish you could've boated ONE fish to save the day! That guy you helped probably caught his limit right? That'd be Murphy's Law, wouldn't it?! What do you fish for down there? What bait do you use?

I did not fish this weekend except for a coupla casts off the Moose Lake Beach dock with a leech and the MOST AWFUL ZEBCO combo I have ever laid hands on! That thing would not cast worth a darn. Maybe it was the operator but what do I expect when I pay $10 at Jurvelin Hardware? winkshockedgrin I DID catch a crayfish, 2 clams and a VERY long and wide horse leech

with my twin 6yr old nieces with the minnow scoop though. I had just a great weekend with my sisters and their families.

Harvey Lee, NO catfish? I've never actually FISHED with Boilerchick but I bet she's a hoot!! wink I'll have to go over and read the official results of your catfishing adventure yesterday. That's one breed of fish I don't know if I'll ever catch.

Sorry about that day out there Dee Dee. I think if it wasn't so dang humid down there, it would have been a much better day down there. I've spent my share of days on the water with little or no action and it still beets sitting in an office anytime.

Well we had clear sunny skies and it felt like someone was holding a torch over me. I have a fantastic sunburn to show for it. We went about 2 weeks ago and it was very cloudy, rainy but we had a great time and stayed out for hours and didnt fish.

Lisa - The only thing I've been successful catching are those UGLY Gar. Most of the lakes and the river here are "black water" I guess thats a nice way of saying nasty so if we do catch something its going back. I need to go read more of your tip's maybe that'll help. I think next time I go I will pay the $50 bucks and go deep sea fishing. At least they have a cabin to cool off in and its not as hot at the beach.

Sandman - Usually I would agree. This has to be the first time I didnt enjoy it.

Bad day of fishing?

Your joking right?

Part of what you described is why I've resorted to spending hours bobbing around in the river bottoms in the middle of the night. No crowds, no heat, no worries.....(ok well not many).

Lisa, that's enough of the dissin Mr Whiskers.

Trust me, once you go cat you never go back.

no bad day in SE MN. My 15yo son and I decided to take the poles and some worms down to the resevoir and we had so much fun catching fat sunnies we did it again the next night. Fun, family, and 10 minutes from home......great day.

Maybe next spring they will have to do a Minnesota or Mississippi River cat fishing GTG. grin

Sounds good to me. Maybe I will plan an earlier vacation instead of July