• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vietnam Moving Wall

The Vietnam War Moving Wall came to Ely this week. This is a traveling replica of the monument that is permanently placed in Washington, D.C. I took these photos just as they were completing it's assembly, and it had already drawn quite a crowd:

MW1.jpg

MV2.jpg

MV3.jpg

Nice captures Ken....I heard the wall was coming to Ely...being a Nam vet(Marines 69'-71') I should have taken a run up to Ely and looked at it...I've got a few buddies on that wall....not sure how long the wall will be in Ely....

I have seen both Walls, the traveling one, and the permanent one. It is a very sobering monumnet. My Dad is a Disable Vietnam Vet and he showed me a lot of his marine buddies on there. Nice pictrues.

I'm sure there are names on that wall that have significance for anybody who was alive in the U.S. during the late 60's to middle 70's. What sobering remembrances war brings. Jonny, the wall is in Ely through tomorrow.

I to have seen the permanent one and as Dbl says it is VERY moving experience and a must see. This thread has gotten me thinking. I will be in DC next month and I have to make sure I get over to see it again.

Nice pic's ken!