• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Can someone explain this to me?????

MUSKY18

How a muskie can just smoke a lure, say for example a Suick, and get perhaps two out of nine hooks into it, whereas a pike can smoke the same lure, and manage to get all nine hooks into it?

Had to cut hooks off my favorite Suick yesterday because a pike buried 7 trebles.............. crazy

I'm wondering how I can get at least 4 hits on my black suick, but no hook-ups. My guess is they were pike, but all I get is teeth marks on the head! I even had a tooth embedded in the suick.

When they clamp down on lure only, you don't pull lure to get hook set, you end up pulling fish on hook set. When they engulf lure and you pull lure to get a hook set, you pull in line and lure and not fish on hook set.

Conventional answer: Bigger mouth, bonier too, longer teeth to prevent hooks hitting flesh, stonger fish to shake loose a lure....etc.

Real-Life answer: Simply because they're muskies, designed to tork us off and leave us coming back for more.

Funny the Suick is mentioned, I love 'em but I lost a really solid fish on 'tonka a couple years ago that I would have bet the bank on that I had pinned well.

I still try to keep the mindset that I'll leave a bruise on my rib cage beacuse I set the hooks so hard......