• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Radio to repel raccoons?

mnhunter2

My buddy has been playing a radio by his sweetcorn and he says it will keep the raccoons away, anyone else had any luck with this idea? What tpye of music would work best, maybe rap?
We tried that out at Lake Iwanttobethere but would find the radio on a different station in the morning. Racoons would change the channel during the night... If I remember right it was usually the station that played the 7am farm report... I think your best bet might be a all night talk radio station. Alien abductation and 401 K talk would keep me away..

Agree. Everyone I know who has tried the radio thing claims the varmints get used to it after awhile. My pasture fence doubles as a raccoon fence and it works.