• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2008 Honda Rancher ES

Lund1700Angler

I have about 230 miles on the 2008 Honda rancher es. I like my atv a lot, but noticed that when you first start up the atv and start going it doesn't shift right away when the button is pushed. It seems like the machine needs to warm up, but once it has, it shifts like it is supposed to.

Has anyone else noticed this on their es system??

Michael

We've got a 03' beat up old rancher with 7000 miles in the garage, and the only time I've had any es trouble was ice fishing when its 10 below or colder. when it wouldnt work I just used the foot shifter. Hopefully the problem you have isnt a sighn to come once it gets cold. It should still be under warranty if it becomes a real problem

I don't own an ES model but I have heard that warm up is important to good shifting for two reasons. One being oil, in that it is thicker when cold so shifting takes more effort for the shift motor, and if battery voltage is slightly low (due to sitting for an extended time) a short period of idling brings it up quickly. I'd say the lightest weight oil recommended by Honda for a given temperature would probably help as would a two or three minute warm up, which is good for any ATV before taking off.