Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
northernsportman

brown trout

3 posts in this topic

What do You use to catch brown trout(in a lake). I am a beginner and would love to catch one. Also, anything else I would need to know to understand them. Thanks in advance!!!

They are similar as far as presentations but IMHO the browns are a bit more aggressive when it comes to cranks and spoons then bows. Trolling spoons, spinners and minnow baits would be the way to go. Browns also seem to hit well into the dark of night, and I haven't found that as much with the rainbows. Scanning the lake with your electronics will give you a general area to start as far as a depth then it is a matter of getting your baits to that level. I like to work smaller raps with either snap weights or leadcore if the lake is big enough. Sometimes the old cralwer sunk under a cork or floated off the bottom will work well. Crocs, cleos and even some of the smaller flutterspoons used for coho all would work for trolling.

Tunrevir~