• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

End of Butt??

Hey fellas

I use a automotive plug for the end of tennessee grips on my spinning rods and ice rods. Problem is there is a very big inconsistentsy in getting them. I found them at Ace hardware and everytime I get them they are different sizes. Anyone have any info on where I can get something similar and in bulk. My rod suppleir doesn't have anything close to this

I don't have a pic at the moment. But the plug goes directly into the butt of the rod blank and is flanged on the head of the plug to cover the the reamed/drilled hole in the cork. Black plastic is the color and material of it.

auto trim plugs work very nicely.

When I've built rods for my kids and grandsons, I just epoxy the hole closed and epoxy on an Indian head penney that 100 years older than they are. Especially with the young ones, it minimizes the fights over who's rod is who's.