Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lund1700Angler

St. Croix Premier Rod Warranty Question

11 posts in this topic

I have a Premier series St. Croix rod that I have had a few years. Recently an insert on my second eye from the bottom fell out and I was wondering if anyone knows what St. Croix's warranty policy is in terms of sending it back to them? I have had the rod for a few years.

Thanks,

Michael

I just picked up a Premier. Came with a 5-year warranty. Could check their HSOforum about how to return it.

Bob

There are detailed instructions on their HSOforum. I had to return an Avid last year. Aside from the expensive shipping charges, the transaction went quickly and smoothly.

With a Premier, you will more than likely need a receipt unless you registered the rod when you bought it. If in doubt, call them. I had a question and their customer service was great on the phone.

If you call there, they will tell you everything you need to know. You have to pay to ship it there, and send a check for $20 to ship it back. Or you can drive to Park Falls Wisconsin and they will fix it there wink . I love their poles, just not crazy on how to get them fixed when they break! You shouldnt have any problem if you didnt registar it, there is a serial number printed just above the cork handle an inch or so, that has a build date in it for them to determine how old the rod is.

With the shipping and handling charges what they are, you might want to see if there is a rod builder in the area that will replace the guide for you for a fee. You can check with local bait shops to see if they have anyone they can recommend. I have done a few for folks and what I charge is less than the shipping charges that some have posted.

You shouldnt have any problem if you didnt registar it, there is a serial number printed just above the cork handle an inch or so, that has a build date in it for them to determine how old the rod is.

That is true if it has a serial number. I forget exactly when they started putting serial #s on them, but the one I had replaced did not have one.

They started putting it on there in 01. The premier if it is that old then it doesnt have warranty and will cost you an additional $30 ontop of shipping charges to get it replaced. I am doing it right now, thats why I know about it.

They started putting it on there in 01. The premier if it is that old then it doesnt have warranty and will cost you an additional $30 ontop of shipping charges to get it replaced. I am doing it right now, thats why I know about it.

LOL, good to know!

Suggestion! You can save yourself a lot of hassle and cost and by going up to a shop that sells rod components and buy the same size guide, pop out the ceramic and super glue it in.

Actually that is what I decided to do and it cost me .95 for a small tube of super glue.

I didnt have that option, my pole snapped in half, there is no super glueing it !