• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Oooo how many days til opener? I wish it was this saturday. How I long to be in the duck blind. Im new to the area anyone know of any decent lakes or swamps to hunt around buffalo, montrose, delano?

I have had early goose season on the brain myself. The grain fields around my place are coming out. The days are getting shorter. It won't be long and the young birds will be flying around and testing thier wings.

Time to reunite with the hunting buddies and get trips set in stone for the fall.

Things I need to do before hunting starts.

-Get the decoys out and cleaned up. Make sure that the decoys have string and they are not full of BB holes.

-Make sure the trailer is road and field worthy.

-Start the boat motor and float the duck boat. (Don't want to be the guy at the landing on opener morning with a motor that won't run)

-Start blowing on the calls again. I don't want to sound like a Kazoo opening morning.

-Go to Game Fair to really get cranked up about hunting agian.

Not that I need to be any more cranked up than I already am.

-Flock some goose heads

I'm sure the rest of you will fill in my list of things to get done.

In the blink of an eye hunting will be over for the year again. Then all we can do is sit around and tell our tales of the hunt.

im getting really pumped to kill geese in less than 16 days. headed to nodak for 4 days of really early goose season!

been scouting a little here and there already for south dakota and minnesota hunts, still need to re mud blinds, clean decoys, empty out the garbage in the blinds from spring snow hunts, get a few more six slot bags, get a loan from the bank to pay for this falls gas and a few cases of shells (kidding) and borrow my buddies trailer and verify that it is road worthy.

Slabchaser,

My email is jwhawkridge at gmail . com Let me know if you want to go out for early goose opener. I think I have some field land lined up by Dean lake. Saw a flock of about 30 geese at 7:30 last night. They're moving baby!!!

--Jim

I've been driving around the area a lot for work (evenings also) and haven't seen much of anything for geese. One pasture had about 30 or 40 out there and that has been about it. I've noticed a couple flocks on a couple area lakes and a couple on the river but I'm hoping there are a lot more hiding in less visible areas. I'm sure they'll materialize once we get a little closer to Sept. though.

Got a likely looking spot for Early Goose. Should be a large contribution to the bag from some YOY birds if things go as planned. "They'll eat up good."

Will be an adventure getting in but doing it with some friends, a boat, and some layout blinds. Could be a memorable hunt or a bust, but aren't they all that way before they play out?