Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mojoputter

Mille lacs bass

My son and I are heading up to the big pond on Sunday and going to see if we can catch some walleye, but if that doesn't pan out were going to hunt for our favorite fish other then walleye and that would be LG mouth little piggies. The thing I don't hear to much about is the LG mouth population on Mille lacs. I'm assuming just find the right habitat like lily pads, docks and some submerged weeds we should have some luck. I don't see too many posts of people fishing that lake just for bass so if anyone has any info let me know, we'll be launching some where on the east side of the lake.

The only place I have ever caught Largemouth on Mille Lacs was in Wahkon bay. There is some pretty good weeds in the area and they hold various species of fish. The only LGM I got out there was in the reeds on the northwest side of Wahkon bay. They do exist, but they are not as plentiful as the smallies.

If I were you I would go out and fish for smallies rather than largemouth. Mille Lacs has a ton of 4-5 lb smallies and let me tell you, those fish can fight.

Agreed with polarsusd81

There is not a great targetable population of LG bass in Mille, but if you find them they are pretty healthy. Southern bays like Wahkon, Isle, and Cove do offer a chance. Better bet is on the same water, slightly outward towards open water, and use the buoys to identify the rock reefs and focus on the smallmouth bass. Wind permitting, head out to the Banana reef area.

Jigs, grubs, shallow cranks will produce. Don't overlook the crawler on a bobber too on the shelves, it can be a blast.

If you're bent on LG bass, look to the weed patches in the above mentioned bays and finesse those areas with a drop-shot, a jig worm, etc.

I forgot there were largemouth in the big pond.... tired

I must have gotten distracted by the THOUSANDS OF VERY BIG SMALL MOUTH BASS!!!!!!!!!! laughlaugh

Really though, there are a lot of 4+ smallmouth bass to be had on the rocks in that lake. You would be kicking yourself if you miss out on them.

Yes there are some big large mouth in that lake. If you go to the bass pics of 08 and look at the ones i just put up, those are from mille lacs. i was just up there mon-wed and we did find some good smallies but couldnt get them to bite for the life of me.

give me an email and i can give you a great spot for the largies. vcclaw09@hotmail.com i couldnt tell you how many we landed and they were very quality fish all well over 3.

Best place I have found LM on ML is Cove bay on south side. Like everyone said - weeds and reeds...

Careful fishnhuntnboy,

There's a big bass bonanza tournament out there in August and with the smallie slot it will force everyone to chase the largemouth. You probably already have about 30 emails looking for that spot.

I agree with Polarus on the smallies. Now that's a fun fish! There's some piggies up there too.

I fished largemouth quite a bit last year on Mille Lacs, Wahkon has a pretty good population of 16 to 18 inch fish, Cove also has some decents bass.