• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pine Center horseflys

Ryan_V

Rode pine center yesterday, holy $%@! for the horse flys!! I've never led on the trail before and usually like to look at the map, but I couldn't even stop because everytime I got under 10MPH I got about a dozen horsefly bites, it was totally out of control!! anyone ever have that problem there??

Normally it's deer flies, but anyhow.......I don't know what kind of neighborhood you guys live in, smile but the deer flies are terrible anywhere out of town lately. They seem to have come out about 2 weeks ago at my place.

My hubby was out riding a forest trail the other day and said they were ferocious. Last year fishing was almost unbearable they were so bad. The best thing I found to keep them from biting is Bullfrog by mosquito coast.

Oh yeah the horseflies are super thick up there this year. They were getting bad a month and a half ago and it's only going to get worse. Red top was also pretty bad. The pace on ten bruin was just slow enough for them to keep up with you.