• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Cleaning Table

Sandmannd

Was talking to some folks about the table I use for cleaning fish. It's made from an ironing board with formica on top. Has a tail clip to hold the fish and has a handle that pulls out to put your bucket on. Works slicker than a snot rocket.

FishTable2.jpg

FishTable1.jpg

Hey Sandmannd,

Where did you find a fish clip like that? I have board that I could attach one of those to.

DT10

They had them at Cabelas the other day when I was in there right next to the line spooling station

Yea, Cabelas has them. I think I got that one online somewhere.

Thanks guys, it's the handiest thing ever. If I have a few to clean I put it up all the way. But if I got a ton of pannies, I put it down so I can sit by it.

Originally Posted By: Boss Hogg
This wouldn't work for me. I'm left handed.

Stand on the other side of the table.

My wife sure is going to be upset about her ironing board, Sandmand, but she'll get over it. That is one great idea.

LOL, Too funny.

Good idea Sand.

I think this would work for ironing cloths also. I always have the hold down one end when pulling the iron down. The clip would do that for me grin

fishordie, go to the womens forum under the topic tips and tidbits, i believe on page 18-19 theres a play by play on how to do this. hey even i figured out how to do ot, well at least the smiley faces anyway. lisatealz posted it and did a fine job. i havent taken the time to try the avatar thing yet.

get a sink cut out. i use that all the time. works good for me and cheap. i dont think that invention would work good for me, i seem to need to reposition my fish to much. great idea though.

I took the fish clip off an old fillet board (the kind they sell at Cabellas and Gander) and attached it to a big piece of plywood. I have more space. The thing that I like about the plywood versus a smooth piece of formica is that the fish doesn't slide around on the wood. Then again, you get more fish scales and blood hanging around even after you hose it off...so it comes down to personal preference.

I've got a little folding camping table, but looking at cutting boards. The cutting boards seems to be the expensive part to me.

Go to garage sales, thrift stores, etc. I got my for $3. Whole thing was under $20 for me.