• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"Clean Our Boat"

Tyler Holm

{Subject} = Words a catfisherman never wants to hear from the better half. Been doing it all week it seems like. The Sturgeon slime from this spring is holding on nicely. The catfish slime makes nice icing. Cut bait is deep into the carpets.

Plenty of those helicopter tree seeds to plug the vacuum.

The scum ring (water line) around the outside is painted on, and the nose mud was thick.

Oh, the wife wants to go recreationing on Friday with another couple so it needs to be spotless and smell-free.

I cleaned up the big boat last week and bought a separate boat for cattin. Now the wife can't complain about slime and smelliness on "our" boat, since we have "our" boat and "my" boat smile

"My" boat has not been fully accepted as an inalienable member of our family yet, so it is still not in any way considered "our" boat. It's an old beat to cr@p eyesore, but I keep it clean. I don't have carpet so it's easy enough to tip it up and hose it out in the driveway or at the DIY car wash if it's really nasty.

I'm not squeamish at all when it comes to fish slime or bait that has been simmered in the sun for too long. I just don't see any reason to wallow in those things.

Originally Posted By: aanderud
and bought a separate boat for cattin.

You suppose she'd let me build another stall on the garage too? Double deep for gear and/or leaving the truck hooked up?

Dude, why not put doors on both ends so you can just pull through, too? grin No more backing the boat into the garage!

Dude, why not put doors on both ends so you can just pull through, too? grin No more backing the boat into the garage!

Brilliant idea Ralph, I was thinking the same thing at the DIY car wash.

While you are at it, add a floor drain and spray hose.

True grin

I will add though, I have been selling a lot of stuff this summer so far. I took a personal inventory and anything I have not used in more than a years or two, or could live with out has been going.

I would rather have a roll of cash in my pocket, than walking around stuff I do not need. This also goes for the stuff in my personal Junk yard grin.

I will add, the back door is on my car hoist stall. I can pull truck in and then boat. Unhook boat and raise trailer and boat at the same time to do wheel bearing pack.

I need to put some new bunks on my trailer and I have been thinking about raising the boat off the trailer with the car hoist, so I could pull trailer out from under boat. I might be doing this in the next couple weeks and will be sure to get some images.

a dirty boat catches more fish enough said. the more cr@p thats in your way the more likely im guna get a run. the other night I went to grab the anchor and it was stuck to the floor with sand shocked if my boat was organized i would not be able to find anything