• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

High Miles Club

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Toyota Solara has 171,000 and has cost me $100.00 for a pollution part and I replaced the timing belt and did a tune up at 100,000. Otherwise it has been only gas,oil and tires. I plan on driving it to around 300,000. It has the V-6. And people wonder why I bought a Tundra whistle

Wow all these story's are great guys keep em coming! makes me feel good to know im not the only one that does with what he has and doesnt need to have new and shiny all the time like its what I "deserve"...the car and truck commercials can sure make it hard on a guy to think otherwise and youve got to fight it. I'va allways told my wife when looking at the new cars to try and picture the payment book and how thick it is sitting on the kitchen table, then think of the things you like to buy or do and how much of it you could get or do in a month for the $400 or so that the payment is.. usually cures me of the desire. with the hard times were in now I can see a few more members of the high mile club coming eek

ha we got everyone on here beat. a salesman at my work is driving a 2001 f-150 with 440,000 miles! stock motor,trans, and rear end!!!!i'm not a fan of fords but he drives the snot outa this truck and it just keeps going.

All of this just goes to show how far along the automotive technology has come since On Board Diagnostics(OBD) was introduced in all vehicles. For almost 100 years, people found out their vehicle had a problem when something broke. Now, we have all those precious warning lights and codes. Sensors all over, inside, and out. Computers/Modules everywhere. If darn near anything is out of it's acceptible parameters, we are warned by a little light which enables us to repair something small before any major problems occur. In return, 200K miles on a vehicle is no big deal anymore, it is common.