• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What's working for you right now mid-summer?

We've been lindy rigging deeper structure (25-30 feet) with 1/2 oz sinker, 4-5 foot leader, plain hook with maybe a colored bead, using leeches and crawlers. Not getting a ton of fish, but the ones that bite just clobber it. 27 1/2, 26 1/2 and a 22 last time out. What's working good for you right now?

I'm still fishing in the cabbage with gulp still or right on the edge of the cabbage you get alot of sunnies rock bass and then wam a walleye. I might have to start looking deeper though i've been fishing around 14 to 16 feet.

Been a while since I was after walleyes, but am going next week and it will be 100% crankbaits and planer boards. Getting to be a really good time of year for that bite on lots of lakes.

I've been fishing a lot with my kid who just turned 5 years old, and right now he mostly wants to cast. And cast and cast and cast. We've been doing a lot of fishing around the metro for things like bass and panfish and pike ..... and every so often I get the muskie gear out too grin But next week we're going trolling for walleyes grin

doh!!

For punishment you better get him on a rod with a Deep Diver Reef Runner on the end trolling about 2.5mph and tell him to hold on.....no rod holder for you!

Out of the casting phase? I'm crying already.

Problem is he likes casting bass baits. So we spend a lot of time fishing in bass spots. I even did some texas-rigging with a tube jig for a while today grin

It wasn't all bad though --- we had a ton of action from bass and pike and panfish, and my kid even caught an 18" walleye on a rattle trap today.

I'm gonna cut him a little slack for now and hope he grows out of this casting phase grin

Is that kind of like when some little boys go through a phase where they play with dolls until they figure out GI Joe is what they are supposed to play with? grinrotflol.gif

I just got 2 limits in 2 days with my friend and my dad. we got all of them on Lindy rigs 1/4 ounce bullet weight with a red orange or chartreuse hook in 8-14 feet. We had one real nice midday bite last Sunday at about 2:30 clouds rolled in and we just nailed a bunch of nice ones.

Later,

Ryan