• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

B.A.S.S News

Central Bassman

BASS Announced the 2009 & 2010 Elite Series Schedule today, No they are not coming to Minnesota but they will be coming to Iowa next's year. They were suppose to come to Iowa a few weeks ago but due to the rain and high water level they moved the tournament.

Also they Announced that there will be NO MORE Co-Anglers in the Elite Series. There will still be co-anglers in the opens and other bassmaster events. I'm not sure what to think of that. As a tournament angler and weekend fisherman i can see both sides to this. The biggest problem with this is cheating, thats why the co-angler were there in a since. BASS did say that they are going to have a ride along program for fans. So will see how that go!!!

BASS also Announced that there will be a NEW BASS Northern Open Series. This is great for our state (hoping it includes it) and will help anglers in the north country chase there dream of fishing at the top level.

CB grin

Having an observer should eliminate the chance that cheating will occur.. Also, I would love to ride around as an observer with an elite pro. I may even prefer it over fishing as a co-angler. I think I would learn more by constantly being able to watch the pro fish every cast and really concentrate on how they approach things on the water different than the average angler.

At first I was disappointed in the announcement that there would be no more co-anglers, I was thinking about trying to get into one close to home here. But like Bob said, I think I would almost rather be an observer so I could focus on learning how the pros think and fish, rather than competing myself and mostly focusing on how I was fishing. I guess the pros are pumped to be fishing alone, and I can definitely see that as I'm sure that some get frustrated at times when a co-angler catches a monster from one of their spots they had prefished earlier.