• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

KOTC Get Together

harvey lee

I have had several request for a GTG Roll Call List so here it is and if I missed anyone, please post below. Looks like we have a fine group of people and a great day ahead,

Dtro +1

Shackbash

Harvey Lee

Boilerguy + PBR

Sandmannd + Dad

Aceinthehole

WWG

Kingfisher1

RBM

Grant

Ec30_06 + Supersoaker

aanderud

Gooseby10ga

Whisker Warrior + 1

LFC

Here Kitty-Kitty + another cat

Chuckwagon-maybe

And lets not forget the Ralley Monkey.

If I missed anyone, please post below and all others please feel free to just show up too.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking all around the house for our ralley monkey, sneaky little guy I don't think he wants to go fishing but little does he know he doesn't have a chance once I find him and tie him to the bow of the boat. grin If I can't find him Clifford the Big Red Dog will do!!!

I'm looking all around the house for our ralley monkey, sneaky little guy I don't think he wants to go fishing but little does he know he doesn't have a chance once I find him and tie him to the bow of the boat. grin If I can't find him Clifford the Big Red Dog will do!!!

Hey now, you can only bring them into my boat if they bring good luck!!! laugh

For those who don't know, the monkey originated out of the Belle Plain Cat League as the "boooby" prize for the individual that had the worst luck for the season.

It is a very large orange monkey that Shamu was proudly given ownership of at the year-end party for the league last year to hopefully bring him better luck this year.

Some say it is lucky, others say he is cursed. He was with us at the Sturgeon excursion and seemed to bring luck to those around him.......but I don't think he likes catfish.

shamumonkey.jpg

The little guy has spent some time with me, and Darren, and Aanderud this year during the cat season and the results speak for themselves........

FEAR THE MONKEY as he will not bring good things into the boat.

The monkey only works for his rightful owner. So Shamu needs to step up to the plate and take back what is rightfully his. If not, he is going to miss out on the good luck that could be his.

I will tell you that I will not allow that freak of nature in my boat again this year. That monkey is a curse to all but Shamu.

isnt that the night aanderud got his 40+ pounder?

Yep. smile Only time that monkey has been in my boat.

No wait... WWG & Dtro brought it with one night as well. That night didn't go so great. frown

Quote:
That monkey is a curse to all but Shamu.

I was getting a little worried that the monkey would end up meeting his demise before his time was truly up. Thanks WWG for setting the record straight on our little friend as Scott is his true owner and friend till the year end party.

But, then again, wait till you see what I got for this year's lucky recipient winkgrin

Ok, that darn Monkey found it's way into WWG's boat tonight. I don't want to see that thing ever again 1-8 on the hooksets frown

We had to do a little maintenance on the trestle passage tonight. A tree fell over and blocked the only path. We were out there with saws in hand.

It still is very hairy and if you have any thought that your motor might have issues, do not go upstream. This is not a passage you want to float back down through.

See you all on Sat!

Well it was almost game over for the gathering. 3/4's of the bridge has been blocked by a logjam for the last year or so. The other 1/4 has been spooky anyway......

Now a 3 foot diameter cottonwood fell across the last 50 feet of opening. Darren and I obtained a saw from Mr. Aanderud and proceeded to make about an 8 foot gap.

So going upstream is still a little spooky........but going through that gap downstream with a 10 mph current pushing diagonally across it is just plain scary!!!!!

You would NOT make it through there without power as the current in front of the gap going downriver is moving from right to left and you can't hit the hole unless you're moving at a good pace.

This is still passable for experience river guys with reliable boats...

But I would be very tentative about telling any "newbie" to try getting through there.

Nice job fellas. Sounds like the hooksetting was a bit off last night. Was that due to sore arms after sawing? Too bad I don't have a chainsaw that doesn't require 120v a.c. power. Did the guy who landed his boat just after I left the landing show up and help you out, or did he go downstream?

Thanks for cleaning it up, it'll make the gathering a bit more enjoyable.