Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Moose

Dragon Bee

5 posts in this topic

Confused you didn't I gringrin Here are some Pics of a Dragon Fly my Love would lie identified. I said it was a dragon fly but that didn't fly crazy. Also a pic of a bee in our Sedom ever try to take a pic of a bee with a point and shoot? This is the best I could do after about 100 clicks. I think I need a DSLR. When are they going to make them smaller? By the way C&C is always welcome.

2675348153_4fa79179c7_o.jpg

2676150570_c287d10a9e_o.jpg

2675364251_32afb0e813_o.jpg

I like that second image and the bee shot has a nice mix of color.

Moose, the fist images are of a damselfly, but I don't have my field guides with me this week so I can't ID it for you. If Jonny Redhorse looks in, I believe he has the same field guide I do to northwoods damselflies, so maybe he or someone else can help you on it.

Nice images Tim!...What you have there is a "Familiar Bluet" damsel fly(ID'd from my field guide "Dragonflies of the North Woods", by Kurt Mead as Steve mentioned...quite common in these parts of northern Minnesota....lots of these little guys by my home here also....there are a few other varieties of these damselflies and come in some rather unusual colors....reds,blues, light lime green...neat little creatures for sure!

a photo of a "bluet" from last week:

Frame_P1030959-4.JPG

Thanks Guys,

I was in Ely for the weekend. Thanks for the ID and the info. I new I could count on the people here for some help.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Not sure if it will work for your lake but I can tell you what worked in a similar lake but it was much larger. I spent a lot of time and pretty much fished the lake at all times of the day and night for years. Fishing thru the night works with a full moon trolling in the 12' to 18' range using Rapalas to get with in 3' of the bottom. You can use live bait but won't cover as much ground when looking for the most active. One of the best time I found for live bait was from 9:00AM to around 1:00PM. My guess was they would feed heavy right before the sun came up and stop once it was too light. A couple of hours go by and they are ready to eat and it is the bigger fish that put on the feed bag. During this time I never caught a eater size fish. I mostly worked the 16' to 20' breaks next to weeds and rock. This was a mid June thru August pattern using leeches. Hope this helps get you on the right track.
    • Triple check your battery, put the transducer up to your ear and see if you can hear it clicking. 
    • I'm suggesting they install foot-washing basins with tinted water in them in CAWchester.. Under the water's a bear trap. 
    • By their fruits you shall know them....   We will figure it out in a year or two.  Legacy and all that. 
    • So installing foot washing places in public buildings should be off limits?   Not clear if MSP airport has installed them or not.
    • This is true however the Christian conservatives get just as bent out of shape over Muslims doing it as atheists do when Christians do it.
    • Good point. Next time out, clip on your biggest spoon to see if that reads? If so keep going smaller while making adjustments until you can't read it anymore. Also try different depths.  If your reading bottom you should be about to see something still if adjusted right. Good luck.
    • So the sled and ice fishing gear as well it sounds like. Good for you.
    • Good price.  You just need a $1000 generator to run it - or a good current bush...
    • That particular jig or all jigs? $175 is ridiculous
  • Our Sponsors