• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Dragon Bee

Confused you didn't I gringrin Here are some Pics of a Dragon Fly my Love would lie identified. I said it was a dragon fly but that didn't fly crazy. Also a pic of a bee in our Sedom ever try to take a pic of a bee with a point and shoot? This is the best I could do after about 100 clicks. I think I need a DSLR. When are they going to make them smaller? By the way C&C is always welcome.

2675348153_4fa79179c7_o.jpg

2676150570_c287d10a9e_o.jpg

2675364251_32afb0e813_o.jpg

Moose, the fist images are of a damselfly, but I don't have my field guides with me this week so I can't ID it for you. If Jonny Redhorse looks in, I believe he has the same field guide I do to northwoods damselflies, so maybe he or someone else can help you on it.

Nice images Tim!...What you have there is a "Familiar Bluet" damsel fly(ID'd from my field guide "Dragonflies of the North Woods", by Kurt Mead as Steve mentioned...quite common in these parts of northern Minnesota....lots of these little guys by my home here also....there are a few other varieties of these damselflies and come in some rather unusual colors....reds,blues, light lime green...neat little creatures for sure!

a photo of a "bluet" from last week:

Frame_P1030959-4.JPG